TITLE: Category Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Category Management
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, Florida (SalonCentric NOC)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Category Manager is responsible for the P&L management, assortment planning, promotional planning, strategic development and overall communication/collaboration with brands in a specific category segment. This position plays the key role in developing and maintaining relationships with manufacturer partners/brands. The Category Manager is the main contact between partner brands and SalonCentric. The position is also accountable for collaboration amongst cross functional SalonCentric partners including but not limited to: supply chain management, information management, compliance, sales channels, finance, marketing, physical distribution, education.
- Serve as the main contact between Partner Brands and SalonCentric and create a team with the Supply Chain and Compliance Officer in dealing with shared brands
- Foster an environment that welcomes change and promotes high levels of integrity, ingenuity, creative thinking, risk tolerance and collaboration
- Drive increased efficiencies via process improvement and workload reduction
- Partner with brands to create “win/win” situations – find solutions that work for both sides
- Provide clear, accurate and timely information within SalonCentric to keep all areas up to date and informed of changes/progress/issues/opportunities
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with brands
- Conduct brand meetings, provide brands data and information they need to effectively contribute to growing their business
- Drive Profitable Sales, Deliver Margin and Meet Inventory Objectives
- Strategize with partner brands and internal cross functional teams for opportunities to drive top line sales and increase margin while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Manage to sales, profit rate/dollar, unproductive and total inventory budgets
- Fully participate and contribute in business planning meetings (forecast, disposition, promo, marketing…)
- Provide promotional/item/brand plans based on sales goals, historical analysis, trends, future product launches and seasonal events
- Proactively provide assessment/recommendation for promotions, new item/brand launches based on analysis and collaboration with brands/supply chain analyst.
- Negotiate and prioritize brand submissions to provide greatest return while controlling risk.
- Build segmented assortments to align with channels, drive assortment productivity within store channel.
- Collaborate with multiple sales channels for development and execution of promo/launch plans
- Ensure accuracy of all printed/digital communications to include: pricing, deal content, material set up and funding.
- Identify new market opportunities by filling assortment gaps, launching exclusive items/brands and offering product differentiation to our customers.
- Stay ahead of trends and support sales channels: attend trade shows, SalonCentric shows and Partner Brand events, conduct store calls and detail with SSC’s requested/needed
- Provide Leadership within the SalonCentric Organization
- Mentor peers and members of the overall team (Supply Chain Analysts, Compliance Officers, Store Replenishment Analysts, Assistant Category Managers and new hires).
- Take on additional leadership responsibilities and special projects such as arranging and prepare for brand meetings (top to top, market visits…), lead/participate in task forces, be involved in process improvement validation/system testing
- Proactively provide guidance and communication to cross functional teams regarding updates/changes/launches/introductions/strategies by your brands
- Take on additional duties as requested by management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required. Experience in beauty industry preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in business management, marketing or similarly related professional; experience in financial analysis or data analytics highly desirable
- Strong software skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead and motivate multiple groups/individuals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally with peers and management
- Strong team player with an ability to work in team environment and independently
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.