This position works Wednesday through Sunday, first shift.
Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing analytical chemistry testing (primarily preservatives and active ingredients) in a fast paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines.
Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry required.
3+ years analytical chemistry experience with HPLC, UV-VIS, ICP, preferably in cosmetic/consumer products/pharmaceutical manufacturing. Wet chemistry, batch adjustment and microbiology experience preferred.
- Conscientious, positive in attitude, self-motivated, reliable, and responsible.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis and ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
Judgment and Decision Making
Requires independent decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications and test methods. Use DGO, as a guideline for daily tests and verification of test methods, conduct testing independently.
- Ensures relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, batch reporting, etc.)
- Accepts or blocks deliveries or production in accordance with L’Oréal specifications.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
- Leads investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicates on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
- Releases on appropriate Factory stock management system. May be involved in carrying out internal and external method transfer analysis.
- Independently organizes work tasks for the day according to business priorities and backlog, communicates effectively with lab personal and within IQ department.
- Participates in and perform testing for additional projects as needed (ex. validation studies).
- Performs quality audits of production areas as needed.
- Additional responsibilities include housekeeping, organization and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to L’Oreal’s policies and procedures.
- Observe Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMPs/GLPs).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.