Chemist-Hair Style, Clark, NJ
Responsible for creative and technical aspects of specific product development categories. Maintains awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks as directed. Adheres to set objectives and standards. Independently completes product development projects from inception to officialization to meet launch deadlines, with support from supervisor as needed. Investigates/researches problems/issues.
- Develops and refines formulas; performs product stability on all formulas and resolves stability issues.
- Monitors the quality and conformity of formulas.
- May handle multiple basic projects simultaneously.
- Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
- May interface with technical support groups including marketing, analytical, demi-grand and manufacturing.
- Reports to Sr. Chemist II, Group Leader or Manager
- Intermediate knowledge in relevant scientific and technical field/métier
- Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Intermediate communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Basic formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Intermediate of applicable IT and R&I laboratory systems
BS degree in science required plus 2+ years’ experience preferably in cosmetics/consumer product industry. Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a long-term basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.