Position Title: Processing Chemist
Supervisor Title: Processing Team Lead
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Works closely with all Research & Innovation (R&I) teams responsible for designing, validating and commercializing formulas for the Personal Care/Beauty industry. Hands on position to execute and/or oversee the initial scale-up manufacturing of new formulations, conduct evaluation of batches using laboratory equipment, and assist in the development of processing procedures. Assists in process troubleshooting. Actively participate in internal projects focused on improvement of workflow, safety, quality, and efficiency. The role involves daily manufacturing of product in the DG production floor, occasionally in laboratories. Combination of office, DG production floor, and commercial production environments with the percentage of each varying with the requirements and stages of projects.
- Manufactures initial scale-up batches of revised/new formulations, refining procedures based on guidelines from formulation Laboratories, Process Development and Processing staff.
- Interfaces with all Research & Innovation (R&I) teams responsible for designing, validating, and commercializing formulas for the Beauty industry to define and design processes for revised/new innovative products.
- Evaluates batches against lab standards, specifications and make necessary adjustments as required.
- Practices good laboratory techniques in compliance with DGO guidelines and laboratory SOP’s.
- Completes necessary records for all batches, cleans equipment after use and maintains the cleanliness of the work area.
- Sanitize the kettles before manufacturing and clean the kettles after the manufacturing process using standard operating processes established in the organization (semi-automated process); records all activities in logbooks.
- Suggests, helps explore and support introduction and implementation of new processing technologies.
- Under guidance, works on defining production process for product for manufacturing (phasing).
- Provide technical assistance to Demi-Grand Processing Team on new technologies and equipment.
- Participates in safety evaluations, assessments, and initial start-up training of new equipment.
- Assists management in running workflow and efficiency improvement projects.
- Recommends improvements in procedures, methodology and techniques.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 2 Year associate degree in science with 3 years’ experience in manufacturing of products or 4 year degree in Chemistry or science with 0-2 years’ experience in cosmetic/personal care or related industry.
- Basic knowledge of the operation and cleaning of various types of manufacturing equipment is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, familiarity with cGMP and FDA regulations is a plus.
- Strong organization skills to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines working independently.
- Must possess ability to work well independently and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to think creatively to find new and unique solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Quick learner
- Demonstrated strong English verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with cosmetic and personal care products is a plus
- Ability to use balances, thermometers, and other related laboratory instruments and to prepare samples and complete test procedures.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. (15.9 Kg).
- Must be able to wear respirator.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Work on complex product and manufacturing equipment under deadlines. Errors in work may cause business delays.
- With guidance, manages a multiple project workload. Tasks may be assigned on daily/weekly schedule. Must be able to execute independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.