Do you want to work at the bench on the formulation of new and innovative products related to consumers' skincare routines across the globe?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Development is responsible for working closely with our over 35 brands to adapt and innovate formulations into new and exciting products based on consumer and marketing insights. Development of great products requires building strong, international collaborations across different functions to ensure that products are seen from inception to officialization for our local and global launch deadlines.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Development Chemist, to join our Development department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. In this role, you are responsible for the creative and technical aspects of specific product development categories. You'll maintain awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. You'll also be overseeing a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Under minimal supervision, complete assigned tasks safely and efficiently as it relates to product formulation.
- Develop and refine product formulas at the bench
- Perform product stability on all formulas and resolve any issues that arise
- Adhere to strict project objectives and workplace standards
- Independently complete product development projects from inception to officialization to meet launch deadlines, with supervisor support as needed
- Troubleshoot and investigate solutions for problems/issues that arise during the formulation process
- Monitor the quality and conformity of product formulas
- Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for use in product development
- May handle multiple, simultaneous basic projects
- May interface with other key technical support groups including marketing, analytical chemistry, pilot-plants, and manufacturing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a laboratory environment is required. Experience in skincare, makeup, or personal care products a plus.
- An established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power privilege, and stereotypes.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Communication skills to expert and non-expert audiences (verbal, written, presentations)
- Solid computer skills to navigate various Research Laboratory systems
- Someone who is creative and resourceful in problem solving technical challenges
- Proactive in identifying problems that may arise during product development
- Someone who values innovating and pushing boundaries with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Someone who can deliver results without compromising on integrity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.