Consumer Care Center- 12 Month Intern
Reports to: Contact Center Operations Manager
Job Summary: Supports the product category by responding to consumer contacts via multiple channels (phone, email, letter, chat, social media, SMS). Provides expert knowledge to consumers, salons, and other sources contacting us for information or seeking assistance in the use our products. Utilizes opportunities to build sustainable relationships. Offers insights to the brands for continuous product and service improvement.
12 Month Internship Program:
L’Oréal USA has a unique program for recent graduates. It is a full-time paid internship for up to 12 months where you are a fully contributing member of our Consumer Care Center team here at L’Oréal. You will receive the hands-on experience and training needed to set you up for future success in the company. To qualify for the program, candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Meets established quality standards in all contacts across channels
- Ensures optimal service levels maximizing resources
- Recognizes and recommends new ways to influence consumers in their purchase decision
- Performance meets expectations of key metrics
- Adheres to assigned schedule which is subject to change and may include evening and/or Saturday hours.
- Offers schedule flexibility to support the needs of the business
- Able to compose custom responses that clearly address the issue in a way that is understandable by the consumer
- Responsible for recognizing opportunities for improvement in our policies or processes and leading the initiative in an effort to reduce disruptions in service or detract from customer satisfaction.
- Supports the voice of the consumer by collecting insights as requested by the brands, CMI, digital and e-commerce
- Promotes brand loyalty and contributes to business by recommending and selling products for traditional and e-commerce enabled brands
- Has expert product knowledge within a product category
- Assists consumers in finding appropriate products
- Educates consumers in the use of our products
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities and introduces consumers to new products and services
- Builds relationships with each consumer who contacts our brands
- Recognizes product issues that should be brought to the attention of the brands and/or management
- Is able to communicate content of consumer conversations accurately to support consumer insights
- Participates in focus groups or discussions with stakeholders
- Resolves issues fairly, balancing the needs of the consumers with those of the organization
- Connects with consumers on product needs, making recommendations for and directly selling products to consumers on various contact channels
- Documents product issues in a way that the information can be used for product improvement or development
- Accurately enters information in the CRM and surveys to ensure data integrity
- Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Displays Sensitivity to the Product Category
- Interacts Effectively
- Achieves Results with Integrity
- Strong product/brand knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate skills with MS Word
- If bi-lingual – able to compose responses in same language
- Position requires extended periods of time answering calls with the use of a headset
Preferred Key Experiences (prior to this position):
- College degree preferred
- A combination of education and relevant business experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates expertise in the products, services, philosophies and culture within the product category.
- Cosmetology License and/or hairdressing experience a plus though not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.