IT Cosmetics™ is looking for an enthusiastic copywriter to join our copy team. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the fast-paced beauty and/or publishing industry, and possess exceptionally strong writing, fact-checking, proofing and time-management skills. This team member will work closely with copy managers to create lively yet informative, consistently on-brand copy for all primary brand needs including (but not limited to) new product campaigns, visual merchandising, mailers, fact sheets and event collateral.
Applicants must submit resume and cover letter. Job is based in Jersey City, NJ, within easy distance of Manhattan.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively respond to daily copy requests and consistently deliver high-quality copy that’s on-brand.
- Proof and fact-check copy for brand voice, style, quality and accuracy of information presented.
- Review copy generated by other departments and ensure that it conforms to the unique voice and style of IT Cosmetics™.
- Brainstorm creative copy for new product launches.
- Maintain up-to-date copy calendar and master product dossiers.
Desired skills and characteristics:
- Understanding of beauty industry (a love of makeup and skincare doesn’t hurt either!).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong fact-checking and proofing skills, with an inherent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a high-speed, high-volume workload in a quickly evolving business environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also think and work independently, understanding and executing requests with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage up and around, working collaboratively with other team members and departments.
- Strong time management, organizational and listening skills.
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities.
- Curious, career-focused and dedicated, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional copywriting experience for a brand, preferably a beauty one.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable and adept at organizing/saving files on company server.
- Proficiency in work-tracking web and mobile applications such as Basecamp a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.