Position: Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM) - La Roche-Posay & CeraVe
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
This is an individual contributor role.
The Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM) - La Roche-Posay & CeraVe will be responsible for detailing scientific data to dermatologists and pharmacists in Raleigh-Durham, NC area. The key objective will be to use the data to influence dermatologists and pharmacists in referring patients to the products. The Dermatology Sales Managers will partner with Regional Sales Director to implement the medical detailing strategy to deliver and meet sales results within the designated territory.
The DSM is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing field-based product detailing activities as directed and in accordance with company standards. Representatives are accountable for consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets for the product portfolio within the assigned territory.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director in achieving sales targets set by management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Promote and/or sell products to current and potential customers
- Maintain a call average of 35 dermatologist calls and 15 pharmacy calls per week (average 7 physician calls and 3 pharmacies per day)
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Advise the Regional Director on competitive activity in the territory to allow preparation for the appropriate response.
- Organize and schedule tasks, develop realistic goals and action plans
- Educate pharmacists on the use and benefits of products.
- Coordinate special events such as speaker programs, lunches or dinners to educate and inform dermatologists about products
- Partner with dermatologists in an educational role within the medical and/or consumer community;
- Maintain on-going communication with each dermatologist office;
- Building strong relationships with dermatologist and office staff and establish credibility
- Help to build and maintain the brand’s image with each office
- Monitor and report competitive Intelligence
- Optimal routing to obtain 90 reach and 80% frequency
- College degree preferred
- Experience minimum of 3-5 years in pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry sales, direct sales experience required
- Proven and Consistent sales results
- Must have a demonstrated ability to promote and sell goods, services and concepts
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong technical/clinical aptitude and business acumen
- Keen analytical sense and ability to understand financial concepts.
- Proven ability in building professional relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills. Excellent selling and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and bring creativity to the organization.
- Ability to swiftly adapt to a changing environment to meet unexpected demands effectively.
- Strong computer and software skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean record and ability to pass complete background check
- Ability to travel 30% or greater with occasional overnight stays as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.