Job Title: Director– Employee Relations
Location: Tampa, Florida
Reports To: Head of People Services
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer all persons around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
What You Will Do:
Drive Operational Excellence by ensuring the department is delivering customer service excellence to Human Resources Business Partners, COE team members, and employee by maintaining a best-in-class service approach. You will lead a team responsible for the intake and support of sensitive cases that may involve policy or ethics violations, non-compliance to established expectations leading to performance issues, or other employee issues that require involvement of counsel.
This role will oversee and provide support to team as they receive incoming calls, emails, and/or cases relating to the case types mentioned below. This role will have a strong partnership with counsel and advise team members or people leaders on escalated cases. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper and efficient process documentation to drive process consistency, and reduce ambiguities or gaps in regulations and compliance related requirements. (ie. responses to Dept of Labor inquiries, EEOC audits, etc.)
• Design, collaborate on and implement process for Employee Relations issues and calls
o Oversee “Employee Connect”
o Lead and coach team members in accordance with documented procedures as they assist customers via calls, emails or other inbound case procedures.
o Address performance issues as needed to ensure high quality support to customers
o Partner with HRBP stakeholders and partners to support the investigation process; this may require capture of foundational details, asking questions of a sensitive nature, or escalating as needed to achieve resolution for the employee or on behalf of the company
o Manage accurate flow of inquiries between People Services Employee Relations and Speak Up to appropriately route ethics related inquiries.
• Responsible for Metrics for this team as it relates too:
o Call center responsiveness and accuracy
o Compliance and Efficiency in support to Counsel and Processes
• Employee Relations
o Employee Investigations-standard/noncomplex
o Accommodation Process & Requests
o Performance Management Expertise Templates, Process Ownership–Warning letters, PIP templates, etc.
o Investigation Process & Template Expertise & Ownership
What We Are Looking For:
• Bachelors Degree
• 4+ Years of Experience in Human Resources, preferably including team leadership
• Job Specific Experience/Skills
• Technical Skills (i.e., SAP, MS Office, etc.)
• List Physical requirements of the role (i.e. sitting, standing, twisting, bending, physical in-office presence)
• Advanced Degrees, Master’s Degree in HR, Business, or other related areas
• Relevant Industry Certifications, SHRM certification or PHR
What’s In It For You:
• Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
• Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
• Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
• Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
• Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
• Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
• Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.