Job Title Director, Packaging Engineer – Urban Decay
Division: Operations America
Location: L’Oreal West, El Segundo CA
Reports To: AVP, Packaging
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
- Lead category via technically influencing new launches for the Americas; inclusive of understanding the portfolio across the Americas and ensuring alignment / leveraging of technical conceptions
- Manage team development and performance through coaching, development planning, and training; Follow key performance indicators related to the function and manage resources accordingly
- Guarantee harmonization of technical conceptions within the category
- Identify process gaps, implement process improvements, and refine existing processes
- Indirect management of POLE’s, ensuring full accountability of launches and other value-added initiatives
- Identify viable packaging options and alternatives
- Define and engineer technical conceptions according to L’Oreal standards
- Ownership of existing and future technical conceptions; inclusive but not limited to data, plant optimization, consumer complaints, support of quality issues, etc.
- Influence supplier selection in support of the Americas
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends in packaging technology, inclusive but not limited to personal care products
- Up to 25% travel to suppliers and plants
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- Experience in team management and people development
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint, and CAD software
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials, and information
- Understand mold functionalities, molding processes, finishing techniques, etc.
- Understand plant and contract manufacturing capabilities
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $128,100-$182,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.