L’Oreal USA Retail & Promotional Purchasing Corporate Director
Are you a person who enjoys the unknown, who is self-motivated and is seeking to discover how things operate from a local to global perspective, why things cost as they do and have an inner determination to reduce costs and deliver savings? Do you ever find yourself resolving issues and problems on a regular basis? Do you seek the freedom to innovate and grow, be challenged and work in an environment which supports learning new competencies for the business? Then this is the position for you…
Basic Purpose of Position:
As the Purchasing Director of Retail Services & Co-Packing you will be responsible for coordinating with all L’Oreal USA Operations teams supporting Co-Packing requirements for our USA Brands. You will report directly into the AVP of Retail Services & Co-Packing Sourcing. Your team’s category will be accountable for $65M in USA purchasing spend. You will engage into strategic sourcing, stakeholder and supplier management, continuous cost and performance improvement, and innovation while engaging in major savings projects for our organization. Most importantly, you will work within one of the most dynamic and fast changing categories within L’Oreal USA.
You are expected to demonstrate a high level of industrial and supply chain knowledge, construct innovative competencies within purchasing as well foster an ideal area for corporate communication, analytical and financial skills to promote positive working relationships with business partners and suppliers.
- Collaborates with global sourcing partners to attain financial goals and global needs.
- Responsible for managing Stakeholders requirements to establish fully a Co-Packing Sourcing vision for LUSA
- Partners with regional Brand teams to establish and execute major brand specific projects.
- Ensures the successful implementation of strategies by partnering with well-established Operations, Supply Chain and Retail Operations teams
- Analyzes business by tracking opportunities to improve value
- Bring working knowledge of Supply Chain & Co-Packing models to support the development of the category.
- Active participation in global, local and brand initiatives, including strategic sourcing, market analysis and current market analytics and trends
- Participate in formal source selection with divisional teams; conduct formal cost/price analysis, fact-finding and formal negotiations.
Your experience / education:
- Undergraduate degree in related technical discipline or purchasing; Master degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in related fields
- Knowledge of
- Supply Chain
- Amazon Fulfillment program
- Co-Packing Industry
- Product Assembly
- Working knowledge of Co-Packing and Fulfillment Industries
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence decision
- Strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong skill level/experience with Excel and Power point a must
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.