DIRECTOR – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, NATIONAL ACCOUNTS - PPD
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Achieve sales objectives and manage all aspects of account P&L in terms of fuel, returns, display and promotional support.
- Develop and execute collaborative Business Development plans to achieve division and account sales objectives
- Lead and coordinate the efforts of Marketing, Credit, Customer Service, Logistics and Distribution to ensure division/marketing plans are implemented
- Build and submit accurate sales forecasts including base, promotional and display volume, returns, and markdown expenses
- Develop and maintain high visibility and influence with accounts’ key decision makers and decision influencers to advance business opportunities within account
- Utilize all Sales and Marketing data as well as syndicated data such as Nielsen and Consumer Research to achieve brand strategies as it relates to pricing, promotion, distribution and space management
- Provide accurate and timely crucial market, trade and competitive information to Sales management through field work and retail visits
- Secure and provide account sell-through and warehouse inventory data to Demand Planning
- Determine participation in conferences and trade shows and execute trade show effectively
- College graduate with at least 5 years of sales and business management experience in CPG.
- Experience successfully managing National Account customers
- Proven track record of accomplishment and business growth – demonstrated sales delivery over extended periods; leadership in a turn-around a plus
- P & L responsibility for all sales and promotional activities in area of responsibility
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to influence (internal and external colleagues)
- Demonstrated writing skills (able to craft customer strategy and customer plans/calendars)
- Strong, negotiation skills – to “win” the business and deliver on goals
- Knowledge of the Beauty industry, either Professional or Retail, and experience/knowledge of hair color and haircare is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills – managing monthly objectives/budgets, forecasting, sales reporting,
brand and competitive data analysis, selling story creation
- Proven leadership skills – own your business; make it happen; idea leadership
- Ability to set, manage and complete performance goals for the account
- Create and implement promotional activity for sell-through including:
- Items for various flyers, e-blasts, endcaps, CRM, promotional guides/catalogs and other communication vehicles
- End caps, off shelf displays, in-store POS; cross promotions; price discounts
- Work closely with the VP of Sales, the GM as well as the VP’s of Finance and Marketing to manage promotional spend effectively and efficiently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.