Director, Design Innovation – Maybelline DMI
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: New York – New York
Reports To: VP, Design Innovation
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
What You Will Do:
- Conceptualize and develop innovative designs that maintain Brand consistency
- Ensure all concepts and innovative design ideas are cutting edge and maintain Brand consistency
- Work with the Category teams responding to artwork briefs
- Liaise with relevant internal and third parties (agencies) to develop artwork, including product packaging and all creative material for events.
- Collate the correct assets from the team; i.e. product copy and product claim.
- Adhere to all creative timelines and ensure artwork is released in a timely manner.
- Provide creative input for photo shoots, social media campaigns and PR
- Work effectively with agencies to deliver on creative asset requirements
- Facilitate brainstorm meetings and creative sessions
- Assist with managing design team
- Agile hands-on designer skills
What We Are Looking For:
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Creative concepts to ensure Brand cohesiveness and Brand strategy
- Artwork processes
- Graphic design
- Innovative packaging concepts/designs & industry trends on emerging creative technologies and applications
- Brand image and vision
- Packaging and print
- 7+ years of related business experience
- Consumer package goods or beauty industry experience is preferred
- MAC Proficiency (Adobe Suite, other relevant design software)
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Project Management Skills
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $139,700-$199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.