Job Title: Director Adtech Technology
Function: Information Systems (USA Digital)
Reports To: VP Digital IT: Susannah Greenberg
Location: 10 Hudson Yards New York, NY
L’Oreal Group has aggressively embraced the digital era, and has advanced many leading consumer-facing digital solutions across its business units. As we prepare for the next phase of our aggressive plans, we seek an up-and-coming leader to drive the AdTech function at L’Oreal USA to support the rapidly progressing precision advertising and programmatic media buying strategies.
The L’Oreal USA Director of AdTech will lead the identification and implementation of innovative, business-driving media technology platforms, services and tools. This leader will have a consumer-focused orientation, with a business mindset, ensuring all strategies and initiatives are directed to improving media buying and its measurement. Leveraging hands-on technology experience and acumen, this leader will actively enable the design and execution of our digital advertising technology programs. This Director will also work actively with business partners from L’Oreal’s Brands, Divisions, CMO and CDO teams along with the Digital IT Teams.
This position requires staying current with emerging Digital Advertising Technology, demonstrated digital solution delivery accomplishments, thorough knowledge of the management of anonymous consumer data, experience with the implementation of cloud-based environments as well as SAAS solutions, understanding of associated security threats / risks / regulations, and strong knowledge of current advertising technology tooling and partner ecosystems.
The ideal candidate will have strong stakeholder engagement skills, the capacity to lead several key initiatives in parallel, excellent vendor management relationships in the AdTech partner network, and strong influence skills to ensure new solutions are embraced throughout the organization. Finally, the candidate will need to be comfortable making decisions without full information as the space is changing rapidly.
The Director of AdTech will be responsible for both Strategy and Implementation of L”Oreal USA’s Advertising systems in conjunction with CMO teams and L’Oreal’s agency of record.
- Define, in conjunction with the CMO team and brand media leads which platforms will be trialed and then scaled for broad use to achieve precision buying and tracking of media buys
- Integrate all data in/out of DMP (Krux) and own the DMP from the IT perspective. This includes bringing data from the DMP into our Data Hub and ensuring that L’Oreal is maximizing the data that is captured and subsequently used.
- Stay current with the changing marketplace and identify new capabilities and media venues that will generate improved and more targeted buys as well as data collection and analysis
- Own Retailer Data Partnership IT on-boarding as L’Oreal engages more in acquisition of data from third parties.
- Responsible for IT leadership of Ad Data privacy initiatives within the Americas evolving landscape
- Coordinate closely with the Tagging and SEO and CRM leads to ensure that consistent analytics and deep insight are achieved across all touchpoints for all campaigns
- Facilitate rollout of solutions to users across LUSA in conjunction with CMO and Brand teams for consumer personalization via DMP, DSP, on-site targeting/personalization, multi-variate testing and ESPs
- Work closely with the Americas Digital lead and the CDO team to learn from other countries and participate in Group level discussions/decisions.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Digital Business Knowledge and understanding of digital media concepts such as real-time bidding and ad-serving
- Experience with Web Analytics such as Omniture, Google, Coremetrics.
- Understanding of tagging principles and cookie, device IDs, Mobile, and OTT – a must
- Experience with DMPs (SFMC Krux) and LivRamp and DSP implementations a major plus
- Experience with both architecting and implementing real time highly available systems
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and influence skills
- Demonstrated project management and pilot management skills
- Knowledge of integration concepts and best practices
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.