50 Connell Drive, Berkeley Heights New Jersey
Hybrid Model - two days of work from home each week
DIRECTOR, IT INFRASTRUCTURE - CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECT
The Cloud Architect will report into the Assistant Vice President, Platform Services Lead. This role will be an integral part of Americas Infrastructure Group and work closely with Digital & Application IT teams by providing expertise, design, engineering, troubleshooting of the cloud (primarily AWS, additionally Azure or GCP knowledge preferred) environments, collaborate with project managers and engineers to ensure cloud computing best practices are followed and applied. The ideal candidate will be motivated and a detail-oriented professional who will be part of the core team that is designing, building, and managing services primarily on AWS (additional Azure or GCP experience preferred). Candidate will also be involved in end-to-end delivery of Enterprise Cloud Projects, with Primary hands-on contribution in building out Cloud Services as it relates to deployment of IaaS/PaaS applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Contribute to the Platform Services team and be a trusted advisor on the Americas Infrastructure group relating to public/private cloud infrastructure:
- Design and implement new capabilities that address any gaps and provide an integrated end-to-end scalable enterprise-class service
- Design, implement, manage and maintain a stable, responsive, highly available public/private cloud infrastructure
- Provide deep expertise in DevOps architecture, implementation and “run” best practices
- Work in conjunction with Digital, Enterprise Architecture, Applications, Security and Operations teams to drive the strategy for our software deliverables to provide a stable, enterprise-class public/private cloud infrastructure
- Develop architecture documents, reference patterns, artifacts, blueprints for solutions, dataflow diagrams.
- Participate in initiative/project discussions; provide cost estimation for infra, IaaS, PaaS services in AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Provide overall project communication to stakeholders and meet project requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Understand challenges of cloud deployments and upgrades as well as resource allocations and how to execute them successfully
- Troubleshoot problems in the operational infrastructure and applications, including follow-up problem resolution, root cause analysis and process improvement
- Update and manage production software for all releases and patches (DevOps)
- Manage implementation of infrastructure updates such as OS, DB, Tools etc.
- Create and maintain the backup strategy including creating AMIs and snapshots
- Ensure the service exceeds 99.9% up-time
- Undertake and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Undertake disaster recovery procedures if required
- Calculate charge back based on consumption
Education & Experience Requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
- BS or equivalent technical degree with 7-10 years of information technology experience
- Experience in data center operations in large enterprises including the implementation and support of private and hybrid public cloud computing environments
- 10+ years of experience in IT industry, with broad understanding of compute, storage, security, and network infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing infrastructure/applications in AWS
- Deep understanding of various AWS services
- Hands on experience with large AWS deployments
- Cloud design for scalability, elasticity, and high availability
- Experience working with IDS, IPS and security frameworks
- Understanding of monitoring applications (i.e. ArcSight, SolarWinds, etc.) and logging (i.e. Splunk, DataDog, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps organizations that deliver ‘Infrastructure as Code’ in small iterative releases using tool sets such as Docker, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk
- Proven ability to perform in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization
- Worked with the delivery of large, complex digital solutions in hosted, or hybrid environments
- Experience with DevOps tools, for example Jenkins, Chef
- Worked in an environment that has used Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Ability to work in an VUCA environment
- Knowledge & experience of Azure, GCP a plus
- Knowledge of Firewall, forward proxy, reverse proxy, DNS, CDN
- Firm grasp on AWS services security, authentication scenarios
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently under little supervision within a demanding client centric environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a high level of initiative.