Type d‘emploi: Temps plein
Ville: Washington - Redmond
LOCATION: Redmond, WA
The Director of Sourcing (Direct Materials) for L’Oreal Beauty Devices mission is to develop and sustain Beauty Devices that will revolutionize the world of Beauty, in collaboration with R&I, Marketing, and Operations.
Their role is to support the innovation process from a sourcing perspective, develop long term sourcing strategy, ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, and be ultimately responsible for establishing cost standards and reducing costs.
REPORTING – Reports to the AVP of Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support innovation process by working hand in hand with R&I, Marketing and Operations.
- Be part of the multi zone, multi brand project teams to support new product development for Beauty Devices across all business categories
- Develop the long term sourcing strategy
- Provide hands-on management of vendor relationships and oversight of all individuals associated with materials sourcing.
- Oversee and manage a company-wide process that results in establishing and meeting cost savings goals, spearheading negotiations to reduce costs, and implementing cost control measures.
- Create performance metrics and standards for all aspects of purchasing and implement supplier improvement initiatives where necessary.
- Oversee vendor relationships to ensure optimal costs, quality, safety, yield, timeliness, and sustainability.
- Identify opportunities to maximize value from the company’s vendor relationships.
- Research and develop alternate vendor sources as needed
- Establish and review purchasing contracts and oversee competitive bidding processes where necessary.
- Work in a team environment between the functions of Operations, Quality Assurance, Finance, and other departments, and interact regularly with senior management regarding goals and accomplishments.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
- Represent L’Oreal Beauty Devices with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Results focused individual with strong initiative and service orientation.
- Minimum of BS degree in business, finance, accounting, information technology, supply chain management or in a related area. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of sourcing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team, and interactions in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent skills in establishing policies, procedures and controls.
- Expert negotiation skills.
- Must have strong analytic skills, and be very detail oriented.
- Experience with contract review.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ERP system development and implementation a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.