The District Manager is responsible for maximizing sales and achieving company business objectives within the assigned district. Attract, hire, retain, develop and motivate teams, consistently achieve excellence in selling, customer service, merchandising and operations.
- Monitor and analyze business trends across all stores within district; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals within district for all Key Performance Indicators including sales, payroll, and expense control.
- Ensure company selling and customer service standards are upheld consistently across all stores in the district through effective coaching and training of all team members.
- Recruit, hire, retain and develop team members including Store and Assistant Managers that achieves excellence in all areas of measured performance to meet or exceed company business objectives; drive business through effective scheduling and payroll management.
- Coach store teams to develop and maintain operational best practices in the areas of stock flow, floor presentation, asset protection, facilities maintenance, and merchandise functions (price changes, transfers, damages, etc.).
- Ensure protection of company assets by meeting or exceeding established shrinkage goals within the district.
- Direct, train and supervise store teams in implementing and maintaining the highest level of presentation and visual standards consistent with the brand.
- Develop a hands-on supervision environment that emphasizes sales floor management, customer service and sales generation.
- Ensure consistent execution of pricing, merchandising and marketing strategies in each store within the district.
- Actively and accurately communicate selling and inventory trends within district to regional management and home office partners.
- Attend and participate in sales and management training meetings and events as directed by management.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
· 5 to 7 years of retail management experience, with at least 3 to 5 years managing multiple freestanding store locations with broad geographic scope.
· Demonstrated success in achieving selling and operational excellence by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective team members including management.
· Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
· Strong merchandising skills and proven leader in designing and implementation of traffic driving initiatives.
· Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of the business landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required.
· Ability to stand and move about the store more than 90% of scheduled shift.
· Ability to lift 20lbs or more throughout the scheduled shift.
· Ability to travel 60-80% based on business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.