This position is responsible for engineering support of the entire Streetsboro Distribution operations group; dedicated to the physical flow of product, logistic services, continuous improvement, and information dissemination. The position assists local and senior facility leadership in productivity goals through innovation, technology, equipment, process, and layout.
- Facilitate the efficient and effective use of /Visually Guided Vehicles (VGVs) throughout facility.
- Programming, Route development, volume analysis, maintenance
- Support and continued development of facility labor management system (LMS)
- Complete and administer facility capital purchases ($300K-600K+) as it pertains to new technology, innovation, and current facility requirements.
- Return On Investment (ROI), Requests For Proposal (RFP), Proof Of Concepts (POC)
- Facilitate equipment and design safety protocols: Management Of Change (MOC), equipment validations, Safety Hazzard Assessment Protocol (SHAPs)
- Facility process and layout analysis as it pertains to product insourcing, outsourcing, seasonal and cyclical shifts.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
Advanced Excel skills; ability to analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
Understanding of MS Office products, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Word required.
Strong analytical skills to evaluate root cause analysis.
SAP experience a plus.
VBA/VB coding experience a plus.
Excellent time management and organizational ability.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.