Type d‘emploi: Temps plein
Ville: New Jersey - Jersey City
As a packaging engineer, you will contribute to a team to effectively support a packaging category. You will be communicating packaging’s position, to multiple audiences, both internally and externally.
Using your knowledge and exposure to packaging expertise, you will offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to be part of an efficient and modern packaging team.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
• Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
• Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
• Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
• Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
• Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
• Clearly support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
• Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
• Translation of innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
• An understanding and strong interest in mold functionalities and molding processes
• Experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
• Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
• Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant.
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• Manage and understand design to conception and design to cost
• Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
• Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
• Management of new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
• Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
• Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
• Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
• Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
• Drive sustainability initiatives
• Support and drive value analysis initiatives
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
• Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
• French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
• Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software