Type d‘emploi: Temps plein
Ville: California - Torrance
The Maintenance Mechanic operates as team member of the plant Facilities group and has the responsibility for making repairs, upkeep, and monitoring all facility operatives including: all PITS, regular facility equipment including phone, bathrooms, utilities and other assorted equipment.
This position fully supports and embraces safety and quality initiatives of our distribution Facility
· Schedules, implements, expedites and oversees repairs, preventative maintenance and renovations of electrical, plumbing, building, telephone, fire prevention, conveyor and computer systems for Distribution Center, and scheduling forklift classes
· Monitor and maintain all necessary maintenance supplies
· Monitor and maintain the plant fire sprinkler system, including fire pump, various system instruments and controls, and the alarm monitoring panel.
· Read and utilize process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and general blueprints.
· Support and embrace an interdependent safety culture and work proactively to accomplish the plants safety mission of zero accidents.
· Support and embrace the Quality and Environmental missions of the plants.
· Ability to demonstrate a logical troubleshooting process involving analytical thinking capabilities.
· Perform preventative maintenance work orders generated from a CMMS system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Previous experience in a maintenance/ facilities/ mechanical role
· 2 years of college or trade school education, or an associate degree in maintenance technology, and/or 3-5 years’ experience in facilities maintenance (education plus experience, including military technical training)
· PC knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Experience in a commercial and industrial environment, including battery charging, forklifts, electrical panels and lighting.
· Experience with conveyor systems, PLC’s, motor controls, pneumatic devices and hydraulic equipment is a plus.
· Must be able to work from ladders and from heights.
· General knowledge of pertinent OSHA rules and regulation.
· General knowledge of plumbing, painting and carpentry are essential.
· General knowledge of alarm systems, locks and door hardware.
· Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
· Must be available on an after hour on-call basis.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact with office personnel and all levels of management.
· Must have good organizational skills with both paperwork and the inventory of parts and equipment
· Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily workloads.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.