Americas IT, B2B, Business Intelligence & Analytics
3500 Rue Douglas B Floreani, Saint-Laurent (Montreal), QC H4S 2B9
- The L’Oreal Americas IT B2B Business Intelligence & Analytics team is looking to add a Business Analyst with a solid background in Business Intelligence & Analytics applications.
- In this role, the Business Analyst will be responsible for Project Management and Business Analysis on multiple concurrent projects that will deliver Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions to enhance the everyday analysis and reporting experience for business teams in L’Oreal Canada.
- The role includes Business Analyst expertise for the organization's application portfolio. The Business Analyst will participate in the definition of the business case, cost model, and overall objectives for enhancements/projects.
- The Business Analyst will collaborate with diverse application, infrastructure, architecture, and integration teams to devise project plans, track critical path items, cut through roadblocks and escalate issues.
- He/she will provide leadership, knowledge and guidance by mentoring, coaching, and educating team members on technologies employed in the application portfolio, therefore ensuring that high service levels are consistently delivered in compliance with L’Oréal IT standards and methodologies.
- Build and develop relationships across the L’Oreal Americas, ensuring B2B Business Intelligence & Analytics leaders, stakeholders and external partners are aligned with L’Oreal standards and processes.
- This role is part of the Americas Zone IT team within L’Oreal, which includes all of the countries where L’Oreal has a presence in North and South America, including the US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.
- This position will report directly to the Business Intelligence Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand all aspects of system configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential systems implications.
- Lead and contribute in the analysis of business requirements and help formalize their technical translation.
- Work with America’s Zone B2B Service Delivery Teams to investigate system failures and identify solutions to prevent or minimize impacts.
- Propose sustainable standardized solutions across the Zone.
- Manage project activities, such as facilitating project team meetings, aiding in test script writing and UAT, preparing & delivering status reports, issue tracking and risk mitigation, establishing and tracking milestones, monitoring of critical path items and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities for assigned projects.
- Communicate project status to project managers and senior management, and provide input in the preparation of business cases for review with the IT Project Readiness Board.
- Coordinate internal IT team resources, external partner teams, managed service providers and consultants as required.
- Facilitate production issue resolution and communication by supporting technical teams to minimize impact and accelerate resolution.
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or equivalent experience.
- The optimal candidate will have:
- Over 7 years of Business Intelligence & Analytics experience.
- A solid foundation in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack e.g. MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI.
- Experience reporting on SAP data.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques for effective data visualization and analysis.
- Experience working in a Global IT organization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel (including Pivot tables), Visio and industry standard project management tools including ServiceNow.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently under little supervision within a demanding client centric environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management.
- Exhibit broad understanding of technology and the mobile landscape.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering IT projects on time and on budget.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification, and experience with agile project management principles and methodologies would be beneficial.
- Ability to speak French is preferred.