Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) disciplines, in NY and NJ, to achieve compliance with the EHS standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements. This is a Full-Time position with core hours between 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Maximum duration of assignment is up-to 12 months.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures for administrative sites, retail stores, and field force employees
- Maintain record keeping of all incidents and prepare event notifications and root-cause analysis of lost time and restricted duty cases. Maintain and enter data into Group EHS incident reporting system (GRAAL) on a monthly basis
- Oversee and conduct ergonomic assessments and assist with follow-up actions
- Conduct weekly and monthly safety inspections of administrative buildings and follow up on action items
- Participate in improvement of processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Administer hazardous and non-hazardous waste programs and disposal in administrative sites. Conducts weekly and monthly waste site inspections
- Participate in contractor safety reviews
- Conduct Consultant EHS training programs including Cafeteria and Maintenance Staff and IT/other consultants
- Assist in the preparation of standard Environment, Health and Safety training presentations
- Maintain the EHS website
- Participate in risk assessments (Safety Hazard Assessment Procedures (SHAPs))
- Conduct risk assessment (SHAP) training for all administrative sites
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures for administrative sites and retail stores
- Create safety talks for retail stores
- Special projects as assigned, including National Safety Month, Bring Your Child to Work Day, AED/CPR events, and Sustainability Week
- Participate in various Environment, Health and Safety training programs to develop general knowledge
- Evaluate fleet incident reports, determine types of incidents and update trend reports and graphs
- Assist in maintaining sustainability initiatives
- Involvement in new hire safety training materials
- Participate on Berkeley Heights Emergency Teams
- Assist in preparing for ERMEHS site audits for NY and NJ locations
Must be enrolled in senior year or be within 12 months of graduation from 4 year undergraduate college or university with a concentration in Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or related scientific discipline. Educational history must be continuous and no breaks greater than five months between diploma/degrees received.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude for technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to travel to remote facilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.