Advocacy & Comms Assistant Manager – Lancôme - FTC - till end of 2023
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
If you join the L’Oréal Luxury Division, you’ll directly contribute to providing our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique for them.
Thanks to our strong, balanced, and complementary portfolio we are able to meet the needs of every consumer, at every price level.
Our portfolio makes up 26 brands of which 17 are global, including the highly aspirational and multi-expert ones such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani. Our incredible strength comes from allowing us to win in any environment; the most important one being the teams, which are talented, diverse, committed, passionate in every region, country, department, and function.
The role requires a talented, enthusiastic and pro-active individual whose, principal accountability is the identification, activation and management of influencers to drive share of influence across total brand and all three categories – fragrance, makeup and skincare, whilst supporting the Brand Engagement Team including Senior Comms Manager and Social Brand Manager.
• Develop strong relationships with influencers, Influencer agencies and Makeup Artists to drive Lancome share of influence on social media.
• Search & recruitment of new influencer and MUA profiles. Identifying new targets to increase number of activated influencers.
• Generate social advocacy with influencers and MUAs through organic content and engagement
• Work alongside Senior Communications Manager to support VIP, MUA & Red carpet activations i.e. BAFTA.
• Work alongside Senior Communications Manager to support on press activations.
• Work alongside Social Brand Manager to support with local content channels and My Lancome Community.
• Work alongside Social Brand Manager to support on local content creation.
• Support team on influencer media partnerships (brand and retailer).
• Event Management: supporting on event agency management, guest list and product gifting.
• Oversee all aspects of creative mailer send outs and seeding (stock and agency management).
• Budget support and management of event budgets
• Assist with monthly Advocacy reports, reviewing and hitting Share of Influence targets across all three categories – fragrance, makeup and skincare.
The following skillset:
• Demonstrates entrepreneurship
• Manages Complexity
• Achieves results with integrity
• Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
• Displays sensitivity to the métier
• Interacts effectively
• Thrives in a fast paced environment
As well as:
• Ideally have a minimum of 3 years experience in a PR Agency or In-House PR Role
• Experience: PR experience in a similar or associated sector
• Relationships with beauty influencers and agencies.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.