The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair care, styling and colouring products. The brands within this division are L’Oréal Professional, Redken, Pureology, Kérastase, Shu Uemura, Matrix, Pulp Riot, Decléor & Carita.
As the Category Strategy Analyst you will be working across all the brands within the Professional Products Division within the Business Transformation team, and reporting into the Senior Business Intelligence Manager. You will also be the key contact for our Consumer Market Insights team and external Market Insights agencies.
As the Category Strategy Analyst your primary focus will be to identify business opportunities for our brands within the market. You will initiate, drive and facilitate projects on cross-category concepts based on market developments and trends. You look forward to creating a strong network across the division and being a true partner to our external and internal stakeholders.
CATEGORY STRATEGY ANALYST
Professional Products Division
Your key job accountabilities
• Help build, implement and maintain a portfolio of Market Development tools and insights covering off category development, trends, competitors and market shifts.
• Provide proactive recommendations of unexplored business opportunities
• Provide in depth commercial reports to fully understand the market, the customer, the competition, brand dynamics and to identify any 'gaps'
• Track emerging industry trends and profile consumers to support new development strategies
• Enthusiastic team player with a desire to work in a commercially driven and customer orientated business
• Entrepreneurial attitude and challenger of the Status Quo
• Highly numerate and PC literate: particularly strong at Excel & analytical skills
• Can demonstrate a natural attention to detail / accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills, focused and subtly persuasive
• Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills – able to work effectively to deadlines, to manage ad-hoc projects that arise. Ability to manage time in a flexible manner and adapt and respond quickly.
• Ability to work autonomously, while also being able to communicate effectively and contribute as part of a team.
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders while understanding the detail of the delivery and being able to execute in a small team.
• Keep projects focused & dynamic – through management and motivation of all stakeholders involved
• Able to solve problems effectively – able to look for alternative solutions when challenged.
• Strong communication skills at all levels
• Experience of building relationships with clients
• Experienced in Microsoft Office Packages, namely PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
• Enthusiastic manner
• Passion for the haircare/ skin care industry
• Strong organisational skills
• Diplomacy and patience
• Ability to work in a ever changing & demanding environment