London Academy Guest Relations Executive
London Academy, White City
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair and beauty products. The 8 brands within this division are L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Redken, Pureology, Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot. Our brands have made us the world leader in professional beauty products and one of the most dynamic places to pursue your career in the UK.
You will be responsible for:
Ensuring outstanding customer service by:
• Managing the check-in and safe egress of visitors through the Academy
• Being the main liaison between internal providers and all brands to manage and coordinate the overall allocation of rooms and to ensure the correct setup of rooms according to their requirements
• Ensuring Academy rooms are in order and setup as per brand requirements each day
• Being the first point of contact for all Academy related queries and managing any complaints speedily and appropriately
• Ensuring prompt responses to Academy enquiries
• Ensuring a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness across the Academy space and all rooms
• Ordering all non-brand related stock for Academy and managing stock levels to ensure there’s sufficient stock for all courses
• Ensuring any Academy works are being delivered promptly and efficiently with minimum disruption
Ensuring administrative excellence through:
• Managing the overall room planner for the whole Academy
• Ensuring all digital content on the screens is updated and scheduling content for the Academy rooms in advance of courses and events
• Managing the tracking and recording of all Academy equipment
• Performing administrative/reception duties
• Correctly capturing daily data for reporting
• Ensuring Purchase Orders are actioned appropriately
Implementing and adhering to strict H&S protocols to ensure compliance and procedural excellence by:
• Being the primary contact for any H&S disturbances/issues that arise ensuring proper steps are followed and accurate records kept and serious incidents escalated
• Being the Academy First Aid Responder (appropriate training will be provided)
• Acting as the Academy Fire Marshall
Please note there may be a requirement to work on special ad hoc events out of hours and on weekends.
• Entrepreneurial. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up.
• Super creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
• Adventurous. L’Oréal is for pioneers. So you’ll embrace challenges and change.
• Only human. You’ll make mistakes sometimes but you have no fear of failure because you’re smart enough to learn from mistakes.
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win.
• Respectful. Whoever you’re talking to, you treat everyone the same.
• One of the gang. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes. And so do we.
• Open. To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas.
• You. You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
• Significant experience in a customer-facing role with a customer centric approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation
• A solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work accurately at pace and cope with ambiguity
• Strong stakeholder and conflict management experience
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent proficiency in MS Office
• The ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required to meet deadlines
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.