INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Purpose of your role:
The Internal Communications Manager is a key role within the UK and Ireland subsidiary of the L’Oréal Group, the world’s number one beauty company. Based in the Corporate Affairs team, this role is responsible for developing and delivering the internal communications strategy, leading corporate campaigns and managing key internal events. The hands on role is responsible for developing and executing plans and activities that will drive employee engagement and pride, contributing to the reputation of L’Oréal as a great place to work.
The Internal Communications Manager will join the in-house Corporate Affairs team, leading the day-to-day delivery of all internal corporate communications, working closely with a variety of stakeholders and partners across the business.
• You’ll be a multi-faceted professional, a brilliant organiser and communicator, natural problem solver and relationship builder. You’re proactive and hands-on, with a drive and determination to succeed. You’re confident building relationships at all levels, with the project skills and resilience to deliver.
• You’re calm under pressure, act with integrity and discretion, and appreciate how integral reputation is to growth. Your bias for action means you thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Your key job accountabilities:
• Develop and deliver an internal communications strategy that engages all our people in key corporate priorities and programmes, ensuring it is aligned with the business vision and frame
• Develop and implement project specific annual plans, as well as a year-round internal communications calendar of activities, maximising assets from across the business, adapting and evolving the calendar in response to business needs and priorities
• Proactively and positively business partner with corporate functions (specifically HR) and divisions, acting as the communications advisor, helping them create clear, creative and effective messaging and content which drives employee engagement and pride
• Provide advice, guidance and support to key stakeholders in the business at all levels (including executive leadership team members)
• Manage and deliver all day to day internal comms channels including senior leadership communication, intranet, weekly all-employee newsletter, internal advertising and all employee / special events including quarterly town hall meetings
• Work collaboratively with external communications to ensure campaigns, content and activities are maximised internally and that internal editorial efforts can be leveraged across other channels as often as possible
• Ensure messaging and moments are audience and site specific, understanding and building close relationships with all site leads, driving and managing an internal comms network
• Act as the internal communications and employee engagement best practice hub, staying on top of emerging trends, finding new, creative and cost efficient ways to excite and inform our employees of key business priorities, recommending the development of the company’s suite of channels in order to drive engagement and pride
• Ensure all internal communications activities and outputs deliver clear, accurate and timely messages across all channels
• Take responsibility for managing internal digital channels to provide accurate, engaging content across multiple sites
• Work with the International comms team in Paris to input and roll out into global programmes
• Support Corporate Affairs Director and other members of Corporate Affairs team as required
• Input into ad hoc projects as required
• Line manage a shared team resource, the corporate affairs intern
• Manage budgets, keeping in regular contact with Finance controllers
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
• Established experience in internal communication, ideally gained in a leading agency and/or in-house. FMCG exposure is an advantage as is a passion for Beauty
• Excellent communication, written and presentation skills. Outstanding ability to develop engaging, audience-specific narrative, messaging and content across a range of subject areas, with speed and accuracy
• Strong attention to detail, developing creative and accurate written, digital and face to face communications content
• Proven track record in deploying messaging in the most effective way using an optimal mix of available channels on a limited budget. Experience analysing, recommending and introducing new tools and best practices to drive best in class internal communication
• A keen eye for design and knowledge of systems such as Mail chimp, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, as well as knowledge and experience of intranet and knowledge management systems
• Digitally minded with an eye for cost-effective innovation
• Strong prioritisation skills, able to balance multiple projects at any one time
• Ability to establish, exploit and influence effective networks at all levels - excellent relationship building skills
• Strong event management skills
• An ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities
• Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues, formulate strategy / responses and execute to a high standard, with a track record of improved employee engagement and awareness
• Confident, persuasive individual who is comfortable dealing with both the most senior stakeholders in the business and more junior colleagues
• Highly motivated with a bias for action, you enjoy working at pace and are a discreet, trusted advisor.
• Great team player with positive and enthusiastic approach