Brand Manager - Makeup
£salary + benefits
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
You will have overall responsibility for a category within one of the L’Oreal Makeup Brands, and will be responsible for ensuring that you hit internal financial targets and market share objectives for your brand.
You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team in the UK and liaise with teams overseas to share best practice and trends. This role will have exposure to the international brand development teams with the opportunity to contribute to new projects. You will be very closely linked with the commercial team, finance and supply chain. You will regularly have contact with consumers themselves and should be adept at working at all levels from senior management to retailers.
- You will be expected to develop and drive your brand strategy, assisting the Marketing Director in determining media strategy and working with our agencies to plan media & production spends.
- You will be responsible for leading product launches and 360 brand campaigns.
- You will collaborate with communications, digital and social teams to maximize all PR opportunities, social and digital platforms are maximized for your category and product launches.
- You will demonstrate strong analytical skills, tracking performance, analyzing the market and competitors to determine brand opportunities and strategy.
- You will manage your category budgets, working with finance teams to ensure that you are best managing your brand P+L.
- You will be responsible for working closely with the supply team ensuring you maximise stock availability and the commercial teams to ensure that your brand strategy is realised in the accounts.
- You will work closely with Commercial and Retailer teams to lead retailer activation and eventing.
- You will be comfortable working with and presenting to senior stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
You will be….
- Educated to degree level
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal ? Excellent presentation skills
- Strong negotiator
- Experience in a fast paced sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills ? Passion for cosmetics
- Experience in the beauty industry is a bonus.
- Act & lead with human sensitivity
- Manage complexity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Interact effectively
- Sensitivity to the metier
You are …
- Passionate: You have a real passion for the beauty industry and love learning new things.
- Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
- L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- Even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
WHAT COULD L’ORÉAL OFFER YOU?
- The ultimate place to win and achieve your career dreams.
- World class training and development.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Work with some of the biggest brands and experts in the business, and the most passionate people
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an amazing brand within the biggest beauty company in the world – so if this sounds like you. Apply with your CV and cover letter now!