Visual Merchandising Manager - ACD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 6 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
Create and lead the future success of the brand portfolio by bringing the visual brand identity of all 5 ACD brands to life. You will specialize in RETAIL DESIGN, concept development and Visual Merchandising.
Vichy, La Roche Posay, CeraVe, Decleor and Skinceuticals (Aesthetic Clinics, Spas, Dermacentres and Retail Concepts).
• To manage the design and development of luxury retail concepts from brief through to final production on time, with environmental considerations and within budget
• Collaborate and Influence DMI and Marketing stakeholders in teams in Paris, New York and UKI to ensure the UK is first to market with best in class retail concepts.
• Managing POS and brand expression through our Clinic, Spa, Salon and Dermacentre portfolio. You will drive distribution, retail development, brand activation and strategy alongside the commercial team.
• You are a team player and willing to adapt to work across all brands and sites from National Accounts, pharmacies to retail concessions to support the wider team
• Management of external suppliers, designers, agencies & production teams
• Build collaborative relationships with key account to drive best in class retail expression. You will develop innovative, world class, luxury retail concepts and adapt these to our key accounts.
• Planograms/ Artwork: Preparation, briefing, checking and approval across all functions.
• Ensuring stores look their best, working closely with our field managers to keep the stores at their highest standard and drive retail expression excellence.
• Expert project management skills, you will manage projects and processes across 5 brands within the ACD portfolio. Working with brand directors , you will prioritise, projects efficiently and manage expectations of all key stakeholders.
• Budget: responsible for build and maintenance of budget. Recording spend, flagging issues and finding savings/efficiencies with purchasing and suppliers. You will build CapEx portfolio.
• PO Management and administration
• Maintain and update all VM trackers so that all VM communication streams are easy to understand and up to date
• Able to think innovatively and creatively to create inspirational POS and promotional units which can reflect each brand identity
• Confident to present designs and prototypes to secure management approval and progress projects at critical stages of development. Communicate project updates to the marketing and commercial teams, manage expectations, receive and deliver clear feedback.
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills. You will measure the success of your projects to drive distribution.
• People management and development skills, you will guide and support direct reports as well as field team to do their best work – with the best tools.
• Drive a tiering strategy across brands and agree with commercial directors to ensure the right inbvestment is in the right place at the right time.
• Confident with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint (expert), Working knowledge of Adobe Creative (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) - essential. Working knowledge of IWD and Sketch up – essential.
• Experience within luxury Retail Design in a fast paced environment
• Proven track record in people development, you are able to manage your direct and indirect teams.
• Experience working with international teams, brand guideline development and international installation
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal) and Excellent presentation skills
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and Excellent commercial acumen.
• Excellent understanding of Media planning. You develop and drive retail calendars with Business Brand Leads
• Category Management expertise across clinic and spa categories
• Digital or Beauty tech experience (to understand a 360 approach to retail experiences)
• Experience Managing of all Point of Sale material adapting international creative with local agencies
• Experience working with Legal and/or scientific teams
• Experience in leading teams to achieve success
• Ability to create new concepts and a brand vision
• Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
• Commercial acumen, driven by targets with a desire to succeed
• Strong sensitivity to the beauty industry, product appreciation and an eye for aesthetics
• Previous knowledge of local retail dynamics and the retail environment
• Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L, expansion analysis, sales forecasts
• Integrated-communication campaign planning
• Ability to inspire, motivate, coach and develop people
• Strong organisational skills in multiple and highly complex projects
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.