Fonction professionnelle: Supply Chain
Type de poste: Permanent
Type de contrat: Full - Time
Site: Dallas, TX
Job Title: Forklift Operator/Material Handler
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: Lancaster, TX
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
Responsible and accountable for safe and efficient operation of forklift, transtacker and other powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack merchandise, including gasoline and liquefied gas. Remove electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment, or materials. May be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
What We Are Looking For:
• High school education or a GED equivalency preferred Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
• Experience: 1 year experience in warehouse environment
• Knowledge/Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important. Familiarity with MHE is required. Must be able to shift priorities easily.
• Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits. Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification. Overtime is required periodically. Perform special projects as assigned. Obtain L’Oreal forklift certification.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
• Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
• Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
• Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
• Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
• Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
• Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
• Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
• Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
• Results oriented;
• Must be willing to travel overnight.
Key Job Accountabilities:
a. Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, transtacker, clamp truck, or other powered equipment
b. Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
c. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment
d. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and OHSA standards
2. Receiving/ Putaway
a. Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
b. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
a. Pick components and collateral materials for production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is transferred to the Units of Production.
b. Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
a. Efficiently and safely move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers or containers
a. Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
b. Report quality variances
6. Safety, Housekeeping, Security
a. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
b. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
c. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
d. Comply with OHSA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management
e. Will support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives,
policies and procedures
a. Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained
b. Assist in physical inventories
c. Ensure proper stock rotation
a. Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions
9. Value-Add Services
a. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
b. Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
• Handle, reach, feel, perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and performing gross motor manipulations involved in changing pallets, manipulating forklift controls, climbing in and out of forklift
• Drive a forklift/trans-stacker up to 40 feet above ground;
• Operate a computer terminal
• Use hand held scanning devices
• Operate stretch wrap machines, pallet up-ender, and scales
• Have working knowledge of items produced and the system for their storage and shipment;
• Work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills
• Perform the physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section
• Communicate well with other employees and supervisors
• Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
• Have visual/auditory acuity required to read packing slips/invoices/labels/computer screen and hear warning alarms
• Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime
• Complete written and performance forklift certification tests
• Demonstrate good attendance
What’s In It For You:
• Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
• Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
• Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products,
Monthly Mobile Allowance)
• Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
• Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
• Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse,
inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.