Title: Project Manager, Consumer & Market Intelligence
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Consumer & Market Intelligence
Location: NYC - 10 Hudson Yards
The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues.
CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. The types of custom research conducted includes market studies, attitude and usage studies, image studies, advertising development and evaluation, tracking research, concept testing, product testing, concept/product testing, promotion testing and qualitative research.
Job Summary: Helping to deliver on projects within the L’Oreal Consumer Marketing Insights (CMI) team by coordinating and organizing resources.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Coordinating across disciplines within CMI, CMO & CIO organization
- Planning and Defining Scope
- Activity Planning and Sequencing
- Resource Planning
- Developing Schedules
- Time Estimating
- Creating Charts and Schedules
- Monitoring and Reporting Progress
- Internal Stakeholder Partnering
- Working with Vendors
- Controlling Quality
- Disseminating best practices in time management and project management to improve individual team member productivity
Competencies Of Successful Candidates:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Understanding of retail (e-commerce, brick & mortar, indirect selling through wholesale)
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times.
- Commands authority among different stakeholder groups to complete the project
- Proven track record for escalating blocks to a project to management quickly for timely resolution
- Organized and predictable in communications and ways of working
- Ability to address conflict within groups that motivates and continues project progress
- Curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.