Domaine: Commercial & Retail
Type d‘emploi: Temps plein
Ville: New York - New York
Job Title: Category Manager
Function: Category Management
FLSA status: Exempt
The DSC Category Manager, under the guidance of the FSVP is responsible for an in-depth understanding of all elements of the DSC category dynamics as it relates to the 4P’s (product, placement, price and promotion). Accountable for supporting the national account team by maintaining knowledge of the category, consumer, customer and competitive activity utilizing internal, syndicated, and secondary data to identify performance drivers and value-creating opportunities.
· Works with sales, marketing, and international team to understand consumer dynamics, business needs and report back out factors influencing the business.
· Exhibit constant sense of curiosity, highly motivated to gain insight/understanding of business and proactively comes up with opportunities/recommendations to move the business forward
· Consistently aspires to bring additional sophistication, improvement & efficiency to the analysis of the DSC business.
· Assess category trends, analyze data and identify key customer opportunities consistent with the overall business strategies
· Lead development of category overviews and action plans for assigned customers, utilizing category management principles and strategies
· Develop, distribute, and maintain key standard reporting
· Serve as lead contact point and analytical support for national account team. Work closely with account managers to provide business overview, opportunity analysis and sales stories.
· Communicate directly with retailers to provide analytical support and gain an understanding on trade issues, competitive activity, brand strategy and account promotion strategy.
· Contact with marketing managers, sales operations managers and other related functions and departments within New York as well as contact with Field sales and direct account interaction. This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required.
· 3-5 years of industry experience (sales, category management, customer/trade marketing, sales administration)
· Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
· High level of analytical and problem solving ability supplemented by strong hands on knowledge of syndicated database applications (IRI Xlerate Plus preferred)
· Knowledge of the retail industry with specific understanding of individual retailer profile and strategy
· Detail oriented with solid analytical, written and verbal communication
· Organizational skills, presentation proficiency and interpersonal skills a must
· Application of syndicated and consumer databases (CVS Extracare), and key industry applications including
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Ability to balance internal and external customer demands
· Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
· Must be able to manage complexity and achieve results with integrity. Ability to work under deadlines on multiple projects and multi-task and process information expeditiously.
· Demonstrate strength of big-picture business acumen. Solid track record of successfully building insights from initiation to completion, creating a substantiated story to support the business needs.
· Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Outstanding organizational skills. Effectively communicates with senior level managers and cross-functional teams and keep the team updated on progress and issues.