• To collaborate with stakeholders, the areas of enhancement the robust approaches of Statistics implemented to ensure productivity and quality of the data.
• To develop In-house R / Python packages and script for the needs of the data analytics / data modelling / image processing and big data initiatives for research team globally on the organization provided platform.
• To act responsible for conduct or review of statistical analyses and reporting of results from both Internal and External Studies conducted for the product evaluation team.
• To guide as subject matter expert with feedback / advice regarding study design / quality of data, any other potential issues to project leads and stakeholders of respective projects in labs and evaluation teams.
• To mentor and provide inputs or trainings to the project team members and get frequent feedback on data / statistical methods / visualization methods or tools (Eg: DOE / BI).
• To share better practices for data management and statistical methods, using project standards and statistics guidelines for the analysis as defined by the global SC team.
• To do continuous development of own technical skills according to Individual development plan as defined in the work phase with the line manager.
• To act responsible for conduct and review of statistical analyses, and reporting of data and statistical results of clinical trials using statistical methods in accordance with the project standards
o Review of the Protocol and SAP
o Conduct/ Review Statistical analyses and Visualization of data (Inferential / Mining / Descriptive)
o Review Working Documents / SOP and Case Record Form (CRF) as and when necessary for the projects
o Contribute to presentation of the results for both internal as well as external projects
o Participate in study group meetings
o Carry out and/or advice on Complex Statistical tasks
• To share the knowledge and concerns with the Global SC team during the regular meetings for the exchange and collaborative interaction
The role needs to takes initiative and assists in solving demanding tasks and the role requires an independent, committed, detail and result oriented person. Analytical skills and a high focus on quality are important.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Masters in Statistics / Masters in Data Sciences or equivalent qualifications
• At least 3-6 years of experience working as a statistician within the FMCG / IT (BPO – FMCG /Pharma/Healthcare) / Analytics consultancy / Pharma enabled industry
• Extensive experience of programming in R / Python with development of standalone packages which can be published on the IT enabled platforms.
• Experience with a broad range of statistical / computation methods and tasks (Descriptive Statistics / Inferential Statistics / Bayesian Approaches/ Statistical Modelling / DOE / Data Mining / Machine Learning / Data Visualization)
• Knowledge of working with Databases and Big Data platforms will be aspirational
• Extensive experience with practical applications of statistical / machine learning methodology
• Experience with the visualization tools like POWER BI / SAP BO / SPOTFIRE / TABLEAU can be an added advantage.
• Team oriented personality with high degree of flexibility
• Cross-cultural functioning approach
• Committed and responsible
• Proactive and solution oriented
• Ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
• Ability to inspire and motivate
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Good communication and presentation including ability to explain diverse topics with relative ease
• Negotiation skills