• We are especially consumer/customer centric.
• We joined this team because we are creative, driven and passionate with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
• We are a “Roll up your sleeves” team with a strong drive to win, even in challenging circumstances. “Everything is your job at SEED PHYTONUTRIENTS”.
• We win with few resources as an “Indie” start-up brand funded by L’Oréal.
• We are committed to the L’Oréal Sharing Beauty With All mission.
• We personally subscribe to a sustainable lifestyle and are sure we have a responsibility to lead from within by example.
• We love spending time in the fresh country air getting close to everyone in the value chain including our farmers, vendors, retailer partners and the local community in Bucks Co., PA.
• “We are desperate to find ways to say ‘Yes!’”.
The “Sales Farmhand” (Manager/Director of Sales) will be responsible for increasing the top and bottom line revenue stream of the brand by driving sales within our designated channels of distribution i.e. Natural products retailers in brick & mortar and e-commerce, lifestyle and fashion retailers, salons, etc. They will collaborate with the “Marketing Farmhand” (Vice President Marketing, Communications and Innovations) with respect to brand positioning, customer education and to increase market penetration. They will interface directly with clients and consumers in relation to their strategies to develop market intelligence, promotional vehicles, educational events, and new product launches, all with the vision and mission to always, “Benefit all” including our retailer partners, vendors, farmers and our business while ensuring that the consumer is always at the center of every decision we make. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for ensuring a proper business forecast and plan and creating incremental sales as well as identifying, proposing and securing new business opportunities for the brand.
• At least 5 years experience growing the footprint and successful sell-through of brands in the natural products territory.
• Direct profit and loss experience in a fast-changing and extremely competitive industry.
• Experience developing businesses utilizing new product launches as well as existing product lines.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze the competition and changes to the marketplace, and taking actions to meet oncoming threats to the brands opportunities for growth.
• Ability to work in ambiguous environments with a clear ability to make decisions collaboratively but with conviction.
Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires no supervision; the incumbent will be working independently or in collaboration with the “Lead Farmhand” and “Marketing Farmhand”.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Travel up to 85% (driving, flying, train, etc.). Regularly scheduled full days in the team space located in Doylestown, PA. Lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds, which may also require bending.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities - % of time spent
1. “On the ground” monitoring of the successful sell-through of the brand in existing retail and e-tail partners 40%
2. Identifying new business opportunities and securing distribution 25%
3. Aligning with the internal teams for successful execution of independent retailers and e-tailers launch and marketing plans 15%
4. Forecasting and budgeting 10%
5. Managing all internal controls & contracts 10%
1. Achieves Results, with Integrity
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Interacts Effectively
4. Sensitivity to Metier
5. Acts with Human Sensitivity
6. Manages Complexity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.