Title: Education Development Manager
Division: Active Cosmetics Division: Vichy, La Roche-Posay, CeraVe
Department: Education / Sales
Location: NYO, 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Supervisor: Director, Field Sales and Training
The Education Development Manager is an integral part of the field sales and training team. Responsible for the development of content and implementation of the Vichy, La Roche-Posay and CeraVe education strategy for in-store Beauty Advisors as well as our internal Regional Sales and Training Managers. Responsible for aligning with global education partners to adapt international content [product and selling advice models] where applicable and/or replicate the same strategies with US specific content. The materials and programs created are for the purpose of on-line and off-line trainings, with the objective of elevating selling skills, retention of product knowledge, establishing a competitive point of difference and cultivating brand pride for both Beauty Advisors and internal field team members. The Education Development Manager will report into the Director of Field Sales and Training while working closely with cross-functional teams and global partners to delineate the needs of each function and develop innovative and engaging tools that will support and drive business goals.
- Review and understand business goals and objectives to help create annual education strategies in collaboration with cross-functional partners to deliver education materials that educate, inspire, develop and evolve beauty service and selling skills, drive sales, support key launches, drive brand awareness and improve key performance indicators
- Works closely with marketing teams for support of new product launch and animation strategies. Responsible for training deck and any additional materials for each launch or animation (i.e. training materials, videos, etc.) for all channels
- Communicate with global education team to ensure execution of international strategy and leverage international tools where possible
- In partnership with Training Managers:
- Develop education programs for retailer partners using varied methods of delivery including in-store trainings, facilitator-led classroom trainings, point-of-sale coaching and digital learning
- Design, develop and implement multi-channel educational tools and training materials necessary to support the needs of our Regional Sales and Training Managers and retailer partners, developed in a language and format that resonates with this audience
- Develop a “Train the Trainer” program for field teams to effectively deliver education programming
- Responsible for the continuous review and revision of existing educational content, programs and tools based on business needs
- Work with cross functional partners and outside vendors to help project manage education video production
- In partnership with marketing teams and Training Managers, assist in the preparation and delivery of annual sales and training meetings
- Under the guidance of the Director, Sales and Training, own evolution of training execution; including but not limited to exploring digital live video platforms
- Keep abreast of competitors’ activities and actively share information and ideas that will impact future success for Vichy, La Roche-Posay and CeraVe.
- Leads field sales and training team in presentation of new educational programs, tools and systems
- Attend trainings in market to evaluate success and leverage consumer insights and colleague feedback to develop and refine education programming and content
- Work with Sales Admin Manager to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and assess learning levels to advise future trainings
- Be a thought leader and provide recommendations for NEW innovations/training platforms/concepts that will enable us to scale our reach to educate more Beauty Advisors more frequently
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion, interest and knowledge of the cosmetic/skincare industry preferred
- 5+ years related experience preferred
- Experience in sales education, adult learning, and digital learning preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PPT and Microsoft Office
- Experience in digital training i.e. apps, webinars, custom platforms
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of internal/external customer, translating those needs into elevated educational materials
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills are essential to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, high growth, continually evolving environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Must have outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Must reside in the Northeast (easy commutable distance to the NYO)
- Ability to travel 20-40% domestically (minimal international as needed)
- Valid US driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.