Manager, Creative Operation
The Manager, Global Creative Operations holds a key operational position within the company and is critical in bringing Kiehl’s world-class brand to life. S/he will develop a strong foundation upon which the project management team can flourish, enabling the group to deliver materials that achieve marketing objectives across all consumer touchpoints. The project management team needs to plan, build, create and grow - technology, tools, resource management and staffing, budget management, departmental operations, and process design – are supported by this individual.
The ideal candidate will have extensive creative operations, process, and project management experience. Also critical is experience leading and motivating people. S/he is excellent at prioritization and is someone who loves optimizing process for the betterment of the company. S/he should have a desire to build a career within a creative company and industry.
This position reports to the AVP, Global Creative Operations and works cross-functionally with many teams across the DMI and US teams.
Process & Tools Implementation:
- Partner with the AVP, Global Creative Ops to develop and implement process to better enable planning for meetings and marketing initiatives.
- Train team members to implement the web based project management system.
- Help define the creative operations structure, ensuring the ability to scale for both significant initiatives as well as overall company growth.
- Establish project planning, development, and execution expectations across the organization.
- Work closely with creative leadership, including the AVP, Global Creative Ops, to help develop the roadmap across all channels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to plan business needs and understand growth priorities on a quarterly basis.
- Manage overall schedule, resourcing, and status reporting, acting as liaison between the project management team and other areas of the company.
- Track, monitor, and report out to organization on creative operations on a regular basis, leveraging best-in-class tools to ensure transparency and efficiency.
- Manage content rights and releases, building accurate records archive and process to ensure compliance, to protect the company's intellectual property.
- Support daily financial management, and reporting of Studio activities, including managing projects to budget.
- Negotiate costs, hire and manage independent contractors, including agency partners and production vendors, as needed and within budget.
- On-time delivery of creative assets and content required to meet business objectives.
- Budget accuracy.
- Process and workflow improvements.
Skills and Behaviors:
- Strong project management skills, including development of timelines, communication of project status, and ability to move projects from concept strategy development through tactical implementation/execution.
- Results-driven self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines, while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly.
- Highly process focused mindset with ability to own and drive the roadmap with internal and external teams.
- Experience negotiating contracts with creative talent and resources.
- Must have experience and knowledge in print, video and digital production including shoots, retouching and video post-production.
- 5+ years experience managing and hiring for a creative services team - creative services, project management, production.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.