Research & Innovation
As the Communications Manager for R&I, you will develop and implement internal communication strategies that educate, engage, and inspire employees and internal stakeholders around R&I's vision and business priorities as well as manage external branding on social media.
R&I Hubs are a key asset for global R&I as they provide local relevance and expertise as close as possible to our champion consumers as well as the scientific and technological ecosystems.
The US R&I Hub is part of 2 complementary ecosystems in L’Oréal Group:
- Global R&I Organization
- US Market
As a direct consequence, the Communications position will play a key role to ensure alignment and coordination of the local US communications strategies and the Global R&I Communications strategies, as well as local Marketing/ Communication teams for our brands.
Taking into account:
- The creation in Sept 18 of a Global R&I Communications department that gives a strategic role to communications within R&I, built around 2 pillars: Employee Engagement Coms dept. and Scientific Communications department
- The key transformations R&I is going through with the R&I 360 new organizations being deployed
- The huge come back of Science as a key area of interest for our stakeholders, in particular our consumers and media
- The key trend around ingredients in cosmetic products, with a clear request from our consumers, media and many stakeholders for transparency and information
Work in close collaboration with:
- Head of US R&I Hub
- US Corporate Communication teams
- R&I global EE teams and Scientific Communication teams
- Provide strategic direction to leadership on optimal communication tactics and channels to,
- engage employees as part of creating a workplace culture that aligns with our values; promotes an inclusive, ethical and high performing workplace,
- brand R&I internally to our key stakeholders, and
- brand R&I externally in order to recruit the best and the brightest talent.
- Work to continuously improve communication effectiveness by researching industry trends, identifying new strategies for message delivery, and collecting and analyzing data to help correlate how internal communications programs impact employee productivity and organizational performance.
- Drive and deliver the internal voice and stories of L’Oreal USA R&I, what we say to our employees and how we say it.
- Manage the editorial strategy and content for our R&I US intranet and liaise with key stakeholders across L’Oreal and R&I to ensure we are providing employees and internal stakeholders with the most relevant information, and taking a holistic approach across internal and social media content.
- Produce leadership content including videos and script/speech writing. You will support R&I leaders on external speaking engagements, keynote presentations and events such as R&I Sharing Days and Town Halls.
- Assist Discovery tours, Brand Engagement (media tours, etc.). You will create, write, edit, post and design content for our internal websites, infographics, presentations, videos, social media platforms, all employee meetings and more.
- Plan and execute employee events.
- Partner with the US Corporate Communications team and the R&I Global Communications Team to align on communication strategy, guidelines and content.
Employee engagement activities:
Accompany the 360 transformation ensuring broad understanding of the program, and that R&I is a place where people want to work, and want to stay.
- Conceive and implement local communication strategies and actions to accompany the R&I 360 transformation in the US Hub, in close relation with the Head of Communications for R&I 360, and based on the Global communication plans, calendars and tool kits coming from her team.
- Support and valorize the new ways of working in the new R&I organization (Domains, project mode…) as a key way to success for this transformation in R&I:
- Identify topics / stories / best practices to be valorized and develop related content with the support of external agencies / partners (i.e. video content…)
- Identify pain points / difficulties to be solved through enhanced communications activities
- Build and pilot an annual coms action plan including clear KPIs
- Conceive an editorial calendar combining global and local content/messages (in close relation with the EE Global team)
- Accompany this strategy / action plan “on the ground” in close relation with local management team (Head of R&I Americas, Head of US Hub, Head of R&I HR US, Simplicity R&I team)
- Ensure “bottom up” communications with Global R&I communications teams on these topics and provide feedback on the plans / content / tools provided centrally.
- Develop pride and sense of belonging of the local teams:
- Support to the Head of US Hub and Head of HR US in the animation of the different communities Managers / all employees with the organization of local events (town hall meetings, Sharing Day…)
- Develop communication strategies and contents that will provide visibility of local successes and achievements to all teams in the Hub
- Ensure sharing and promotion of all contents with US corporate teams as well as Global R&I communication teams to ensure visibility our US R&I among US LOA employees and all R&I employee
Valorization of R&I:
Promote the visibility and value of L’Oreal R&I to a range of audiences external to our division – within the company (Corporate, Operations, and the Divisions), and outside of the company (social media, universities, retailers, legislators, etc.) by emphasizing the level of the science performed, the value we bring to the corporation, and the professionalism of the teams.
- Contribute to talent acquisition activities and contents in close relationship with R&I (US & Global) based talent acquisition team
- Pilot and coordinate Hub visits activities to ensure the best possible experience to our different visitors’ profiles: influencers/bloggers, journalists, internal teams/newcomers, institutional partners, …
- Identify key contents for the lab visits in relation with the strategic messages L’Oréal R&I wants to push and the visitors’ needs
- Build and grow a community of well-trained spoke persons in the Hub, who will be able to present their activities to visitors, as well as to answer to the media if needed
- Be responsible for the Hub’s communications toolkit, in close relation with the Global R&I communication teams: standard R&I global presentation, local Hub Corp presentation, Hub fact sheet…
- Bring support to local teams for scientific communication activities in close collaboration with the US corporate communication teams AND the Global R&I Scientific coms teams
- Ensure identification and media training of key spoke persons on scientific content
- Bring support and communication expertise to the local organization of all events / activities related to scientific communications to support our strategic priorities (i.e.: Microbiome Discovery Day Ingredient Summit…) or to support Corp communication and/or brands’ local Marketing/communication initiatives
- Ensure coherence of all external scientific presentations and communication tools in term of “look and feel”
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or other related field and five or more years of work experience in professional writing and managing communications programs
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience in developing communications plans and tactics to achieve business objectives
- Ability to manage deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing events like town halls and webcasts
- Experience in change management, brand promotion and global communications
- Strong project management skills
- Passion/interest for digital, tech, innovation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.