L'Oreal USA Research & Innovation
CLARK, New Jersey
Manager, Demi-Grand (EHS)
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Manage and perform activities pertaining to Demi Grand (DG) quality systems and department specific EHS programs. Work closely with local and international DG management and department teams to ensure that programs are understood and supported. Develop, review and revise SOPs, work instructions and audit schedules to drive continues improvement. Compile, analyze and report on performance data in order to direct and prioritize quality and safety improvement efforts.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop, update and document quality system procedures and work instructions in accordance with L’Oréal’s quality assurance policies for the DG
- Manage DG Environment Health and Safety Program using local R&I and international DG specific program components
- Conduct internal quality audits and investigate quality incidents for packaging component, raw material, bulk and finished good non-conformances; reporting findings as needed
- Build, implement and monitor, with department staff and managers, the corrective and preventative action plans for non-conformances
- Provide ongoing technical support to resolve quality and safety concerns, to include interface with suppliers
- Identify gaps and trends as a basis to design and conduct safety and quality training related to L’Oreal programs and guidelines
- Track and report safety and quality KPIs as appropriate
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- B.S. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certifications an advantage, including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer and or Six Sigma
- Prior EHS responsibilities, training and or certifications
- Familiarity with cGMP and FDA regulations a plus
- Quality inspection, auditing and or testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated capacity to independently identify and propose unique solutions to complex problems and workflows
- Demonstrated strong English verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
Work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. Help manage quality and employee safety risk.
Self-starter that functions independently on a project basis with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.