Position Title: Manager, Face Makeup Development (Hybrid)
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Department: Makeup Development
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4 100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world.
The Manager in Face Makeup Development is responsible for providing managerial, technical, and operational administration for the Face makeup Products category, and provides leadership, direction, and development.
As a Manager in Face Makeup Development, your main responsibilities are:
- Lead the internal development Face lab for Maybelline New York
- Partner with marketing brand to bring strategic innovations in all zone and help build global innovation portfolio with key consumer need gaps/opportunities
- Identifies and recommends new product technology paths for new global launches with Loreal for the future in mind.
- Maintain the Global Catalog with the constant regulatory and raw material changes.
- Establish strong connection with marketing and support teams (operations, safety, analytical, domains, scale-up, and packaging to bring consumer relevant and competitive products in the market).
- Managing the brand development lab teams ensuring right people in the right function and ensure their development and upskilling. Retain talent and further strengthen the succession plan.
- Recommends and supports training for team development and supports their growth.
- Continue to strengthen Safety Culture across R&I; meet mandatory safety training requirement.
- Maintain timelines for Officializing formulas for the brand to manufacture with all accompanying ingredient and product specifications and clearances as required for general safety, microbiology, claim support, processing, and product/package
- Project management with marketing, operations, valorization, and top management with budget and organization of new and maintenance launches.
- Tracks the progress of all ongoing projects and supports project leaders with pain points, technical expertise, and management feedback within project status and laboratory meetings.
- Plans and cooperates with departmental peers
To Succeed In This Position, you have:
- A completed Bachelor's level degree in science or engineering is required. Masters / PhD in a natural science (Biology, Chemistry, etc) or engineering (Chemical, Biomedical, Material Science) is preferred.
- 8-10 years (Bachelor's)/5-7 years (Masters/PhD) of relevant experience in the cosmetic/ makeup categories required
- Experience with Makeup OTC products, preferred.
- Strong technical background in formulation.
- Viewed as a leading strategical, innovating, and leader in the industry.
- Prior management experience (direct reports), leading and developing a team of scientific professionals is required
- Must be able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members and able to manage a team to achieve brand goals & objectives.
- A solid knowledge of the competition and well as consumer perceptions and desires to create innovative products with strong technical rationale
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally as well as internationally to achieve business goals
- The ability to think and plan strategically, with the ability to creative and think "outside of the box" with resources
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short Term Incentives (Corporate Profit Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonus)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (Up to 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
If you identify yourself in this position, please apply by uploading your resume in a PDF.
The L'Oréal Group is convinced that difference is a deep source of wealth, that allows everyone to grow, to challenge themselves and to go further. We strongly encourage everyone to always dare and never censor themselves. Skills can always be learnt. We will be delighted to exchange with you!
To discover our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research & Innovation, please check our career website : https://careers.loreal.com/en_US/content/ResearchInnovations?3_4_3=128
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.