L'Oreal Research & Innovation
Clark, New Jersey
Manager, Facilities Project Management
The ideal candidate must be a proactive, innovative thinker, and should be a highly motivated, self-managing individual that values working as part of a team.
The individual in this role will be assisting in the strategic planning of facility activities supporting growth of the businesses.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manages FO&M projects coordinating with the Architect, Engineering (A&E) and Consultants to plan, design, and construct both small and large projects.
- Ensures that all specific activities are in compliance with designed plans and L’Oreal Global RIO procedures.
- Ensures that department milestones and goals are met while managing the allocation of the approved calendar budgets.
- Manages user groups on projects that serve as department representatives. These user groups are responsible for recording information discussed and share it with perspective department colleagues.
- Reviews and update L’Oreal internal procedures, Local, and State Government compliance / regulations.
- Leads appropriate internal R&I groups work flow patterns that separate pedestrians from chemicals and power industrial trucks (PITs)
- Leads development of waste management procedures for chemicals, trash, water, etc. ensuring compliance with L’Oreal directives.
- Champions Sustainability programs; LEED / SBWA (Sharing Beauty with All)
- Manages department KPIs and works alongside EHS to ensure accuracy in reports that are shared with Corporate Research EHS team in France.
- As needed develops RFP for projects and proposes simplification of current procedures.
- Manages FO&M Vendors sourcing proposals, creating purchase orders, tracking orders, and conducting monthly and quarterly close out of all orders.
- Manages Asset programs for the campus.
- Assists FO&M various teams when needed on tasks
- Performs data entry and develops tracking reports
- Develops detailed reports as requested
- Aligns with Environment Health & Safety (EHS) inspecting departments to ensure that FO&M procedures are current in responding timely to requests for assistance.
- A Bachelor’s degree is a management field is required with 5-years of on the job experience in Purchasing or Finance experiences are a plus.
- Great negotiation skills, which will be used frequently when planning capital projects.
- Must possess flexible interpersonal skills in order to effectively perform duties and get along well with changing personalities of R&I personnel.
- Great communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Must effectively convey plans, ideals, and implement those approved according to agreed timelines.
- Must be able to develop reports, host presentations, meetings, develop meeting minutes, and manage document retention.
- Must be clear and concise interpreting instructions and executing them.
- Must be organized and dependable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.