Manager/Senior Manager, Ecommerce
Location: Hudson Yards, NYC
The Manager/Senior Manager, eCommerce will be responsible for growing the net sales of the brand ecommerce site to meet year sales goals, while also meeting profitability targets. This person will develop online campaigns with a goal of maximizing incremental revenue while tracking to budget and expected ROI targets. Responsibilities include budgeting spend, forecasting as well as executing campaigns and reporting performance to the division and larger organization. This requires a cross-functional player who will partner closely with Finance, Customer Service, Technology, Legal, Website Merchandising, and Marketing channel owners. This role will leverage affiliate marketing SEO, SEM and a focus on mobile-centric ecommerce to meet sales goals.
Specific responsibilities for the role include the following:
- Drive eCommerce sales and margin through marketing initiatives
- Lead, develop and manage all aspects of digital marketing in partnership with Marketing Team including SEO/SEM, PPC, Social Advertising, Content Creation and Affiliate Marketing.
- Own ecommerce related activities such as keyword research, competitive analysis, and on-page optimization while staying on top of the latest SEM trends and news.
- Execute all digital marketing & ecommerce strategies across all digital media channels from concept to launch in order to drive customer acquisition and retention, and build revenue profitability across online channels.
- Develop, forecast and execute all promotional campaigns; includes managing offer development, cadence, and audience segmentation.
- Prepare and present promotional budget including revenue forecasts, promotional expense and internal communication plans for management approval.
- Champion the member experience in the execution of CRM and act as the marketing liaison with Customer Service and Website Merchandising.
- Manage all content related to eCommerce, with a strong partnership with marketing
- Provide detailed analytic reports to the team on sales drivers in order to evaluate campaign effectiveness; propose new tests and refine audience segments using test and control-based approach.
Specific skills that are needed for success in this role are:
- Solid quantitative/analytical skills with experience managing complex and high volume promotion and CRM campaigns. S/he should be very familiar with direct marketing overall with experience in an Ecommerce environment.
- Understanding of SEO and finding opportunities to increase ecommerce sales through SEO methods
- Must demonstrate a mobile-first user experience mindset.
- Strong analytical and methodical problem-solving skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data).
- A deep understanding of retail-specific promotional activities, including experience in designing campaigns that drive incremental sales in holiday and non-holiday periods.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships with multiple business units and functional areas in order to achieve ecommerce goals
- Self-motivation, a proactive approach and a results-driven mindset for both key metrics as well as continuous improvement.
- A high degree of care for the customer experience.
- Strong creative skills – can work with the creative team to provide direction and judge effectiveness of creative assets and collateral, all with a mobile focus
- An exceptional ability to multitask, executing swiftly and accurately.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
Candidate must be proficient in the use of the following platforms/tools:
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- CRM: Exact Target, Return Path, Salesforce
- eCommerce CMS Platforms: Demandware, GSI, Magento, or similar
- Analytics: Google Analytics Premium or Web
- Google Tools: Google Search Console, Adwords Keyword Planner, Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, PageSpeed Insights
- SEO: BrightEdge, MOZ Toolbar
- Data Management Platform experience (DMP)
- Product Information Management Platform experience (PIM)
- Survey Monkey
- Project Management Tools: JIRA, TRELLO
Candidate must exhibit expertise in Digital Media campaign design, execution and optimization of the following:
- Branded and Non-Branded SEM Campaigns
- Programmatic Media Campaigns (display and video)
- Google Standard, Dynamic Retargeting, Contextual Targeting
- YouTube Advertising and Targeting
- Google Product Listing Ads (PLA’s)
- Paid Social Media Opportunities
5 + years of relevant experience in marketing communications or marketing management with an Ecommerce background; must include P&L forecast and sales responsibilities. Must have strong analytical skills, high level proficiency with excel, and exhibit an overall sense of urgency with both brand and consumer focus through all activities. Experience with Exact Target, Demandware, and SAP is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.