Transportation and Logistics Manager
As an Indirect Purchasing Manager for the TRANSPORTATION and LOGISTICS category you will participate in the in development and implementation of the sourcing projects across L’Oreal USA in close partnership with your business stakeholders.
You will work with the Category Manager as a key partner to optimize cost while enhancing overall value. You will participate in the strategic sourcing process, stakeholder management, supplier management, continuous cost and performance improvement, and innovation.
You are expected to demonstrate a high level of analytical, and financial competency as well as excellent communication skills in order to promote a positive working relationship with business partners and suppliers.
- Develop strong relationships with your key stakeholders, be recognized as a valued partner and influence business decisions.
- Support Category Manager in the development and execution of the long term strategic sourcing plan.
- Lead the sourcing process, including your category’s spend analysis, needs assessment, developing effective RFx’s, supplier bid evaluations, negotiations and implementation plan.
- Manage the implementation phase of the awarded strategic sourcing project
- Overall performance management of the supplier based on L’Oreal’s 5 pillars, quality, logistics, innovation, sustainability, competitiveness.
- Manage growing spend of $215mm in spend across Truckload, Intermodal, Less-Than-Truckload, Parcel, Ocean, Air, Warehousing, and E-Com Fulfillment in L'Oréal’s new cross-divisional Operations team.
- Support the Transportation Operations team in the development, improvement, and execution of: Transportation and Logistics Budget, Carrier Scorecards, and Supplier Relationship Management, and RFP/RFQ Compliance Management.
- Provide Insight, Strategy, and drive sourcing decisions to shape and deliver L'Oréal’s Next Generation Supply Chain Initiative.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be responsible for building relationships and influencing your business partners and suppliers.
- Strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Preferred experience with Sourcing Optimization eRFX tools like: Jaggaer ASO, Trade Extensions, or Bravo.
Your experience / education:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in sourcing is preferred.
- Experience managing Transportation RFQ Software is preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without assistance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.