Job Title: Manager – Retail Media Data Strategist
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, eCommerce
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
At L’Oréal, our Digital team is an opportunity to be at the center of L'Oréal's digital transformation. We are determined to be pioneers in the new beauty tech world, and by incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers. When beauty and
tech collide, the impossible can happen! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
This role is tasked with leading eRetail media efforts with key retailer partners to drive strategy and execution that meets the business and campaign objective(s). Specifically, this role is responsible for working with marketing, commercial and agency teams to ensure the best performance of our brand investments. This role is responsible for up to four (4) brands across four (4) categories brands across at least two (2) or more retailers.
- Collaborate with the agency in planning, identifying and recommending media investments and optimizations for each brand with each retailer and gain key stakeholder alignment.
- Collaborate with NAM (O+O team formats) or Customer Marketers (non-O+O team formats) on campaigns based on the business objective, media best practices, and historical learnings.
- Own campaign’s audience strategy (1P and 2P) and performance based on brand’s consumer target.
- Ensure flawless execution to meet omni-sales target every month, improve product rank, and acquire new or retain consumers to the brand. Manage the process from planning to activation, working with counterparts and cross-functional teams to maximize performance.
- Deep dive into campaign omni-channel performance to determine media insights and make recommendations for the future. Present campaign recaps and findings monthly to brand and customer team leadership.
- Act as internal expert for retailer.com ecosystem, (i.e., organic and paid interactivity and algorithm impact) and cascade the information in a clear and concise manner. Advise brands on media activation opportunities.
- Lead identification and execute new beta opportunities on the platform.
- Work collaboratively with counterparts and participate in cross-divisional sharing sessions.
- Understand beauty market and monitor digital trends.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS/BA degree required
- Agency experience or similar role experience
- Strong expertise in display, search, and connectivity to national media tactics, understanding the full consumer journey to conversion
- 2+ years in a media role responsible for managing media campaigns
- Ability to be client/retailer facing
- Experience in Ecommerce performance media a plus
- Experience analyzing performance data and summarizing / communicating findings via reports and presentations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate solid experience in pulling, mining, and synthesizing data into stories
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Teamwork/collaboration: Someone who is a team player and can work collaboratively with counterparts and across the division and with the retailers.
- Data driven: Must be data driven and have strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail ensures quality and strong attention to detail in campaign setup and management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Someone who demonstrates ownership of their goals and responsibilities and treats the business like their own.
- Innovates and agility: We are looking for someone who treats priorities with a sense of urgency, can bring creative ideas to the table.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $98,200 - $137,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.