Based: Dublin, Ireland
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2020
Annual Salary: €22,000 per annum
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business, beauty. Our mission is to provide beauty to people from all walks of life, but delivering the best beauty products worldwide. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
During this placement your principal accountability would be to provide trade marketing support to our Trade Marketing Managers in adapting our international marketing campaigns for the Irish market. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team with exposure to senior management. You will be liaising with all other functions across our business so strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- P.O.S.– design and implement all permanent and semi-permanent Point-of-Sale marketing materials for the pharmacy channel
- Competitor Analysis: Monthly analysis of pricing, in store activity, & media campaigns
- Strategy – assisting in the creation and implementation of new product launch strategies, including adaptation of international display materials & advertising to the Irish market
- Analysis – reviewing monthly sell-out data and completing performance update reports tracking launches, promotions and marketing campaigns
- Media Management
- An interest in Design and demonstrate Creative Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously
- Have a strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Packages, namely PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
Eligible to work in the UK
In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible)
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres in March. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until May!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.