Weekend Night Shift Mechanic- 7pm-7am Friday-Sunday
Responsibilities include providing technical support for high speed packaging line equipment both mechanically and electrically. Perform change overs, troubleshoot breakdowns, complete preventative maintenance, and propose line improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience in Packaging Manufacturing environment with strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Proven ability to identify, troubleshoot and correct various I/O configurations, control circuits, PLC systems in addition to variety of different technologies and equipment such as:
- Tube filling, blister sealing, shrink wrapping, cream/lotion filling, hot dosing, labeling, component sorting, cartoners, casepackers, palletizers
- Fanuc or Adept robot knowledge a plus
- Must possess basic machine shop equipment skills such as grinder, drill press, sander, and basic hand tools. Mill and Lathe experience a plus.
- Proven ability to diagnose technical problems with and without schematics/drawings along with reading comprehension skills required.
- Must possess basic knowledge of PLC systems
- Basic computer knowledge and literacy required (Windows applications)
- Ability to problem solve issues and work independently coupled with desire to work in team environment
- Position requires strong communication skills (verbal & written)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform troubleshooting, diagnosis and Root Cause Analysis to minimize packaging equipment downtime and drive performance improvement of production lines
- Maintain and troubleshoot Mechanical Systems
- Motors, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, temperature control systems (heating & cooling), conveying systems
- Rebuild equipment such as gearboxes, pneumatic cylinders, linear motion actuators
- Maintain and troubleshoot Electrical Systems
- Servodrives, servomotors, AC drives, DC drives, PLC I/O and components, 24V control systems, photo and proximity sensors
- Perform light machining work (drill press, bandsaw, mill, lathe) to modify parts and improve line performance
- Perform full format changeovers to packaging lines efficiently and effectively.
- Complete Preventive Maintenance (PM) work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and make suggestions to improve PM procedures
- Follows departmental guidelines for completing proper forms/logs to ensure effective procedures are in place
- Minimize quality and safety risks by suggesting and making improvements to quality systems and machine guarding adhering to L’Oreal and cGMP standards to ensure compliance
- Ensure clear communication and update teams on issues, resolutions and status of assignments/projects.
- May attend and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (F.A.T.) of new packaging equipment at Vendors factory, assist and monitor outside contractors working on company premises
- Perform miscellaneous projects and tasks as directed by Management. Overtime may be necessary to ensure smooth line operation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.