Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Walton, KY
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
Mechanic I has the responsibility to monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all facility infrastructure and equipment appropriate to the business operations of the site. This employee will obtain forklift and elevated platform certification and must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer demands.
- Equipment Maintenance Schedules, implements and oversees repairs including but not limited to; preventative maintenance and service work on all internal equipment related to the business operations of the site; assists with the management and up-keep of the powered industrial truck equipment including the batteries, battery charging and changing equipment; organizes and tracks inventory of parts and equipment and re-orders parts as needed; assists with the up-keep and tracking of site assets; assists with continuous improvement projects
- Facility Maintenance Schedules, implements and oversees repairs including but not limited to; preventative maintenance and service work of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security systems, roof, dock doors, telephone systems, electrical panels, lighting, fire prevention systems and computer systems; assists with special projects as required including obtaining quotes and proposals for continuous improvement.
- Contractors Manages on-site contractors including safety training, daily permits, and daily prevention plans.
- Safety Completes and assists with safety validations of site equipment; maintains a clean and orderly work area; assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years’ experience in an industrial maintenance role or a 2-year technical degree
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Computer skills, familiar with maintenance work order systems
- Experience with conveyor systems, PLCs, motor controls, pneumatic devices, and hydraulic equipment
The physical demands listed below are those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders.
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Must pass hearing and vision requirements.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 4 hours at a time.
- Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
- Must deliver outstanding results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How model.
- Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]
. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.