Job Title: Manager- Direct Sourcing
Location: Clark, NJ- The Hub
Reports To: AVP/Director, PPD Direct Sourcing
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes Redken, Matrix, L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology, Pulp Riot and Mizani.
What You Will Learn:
- Support Launch and Operational Performance
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to flawlessly execute product launches
- Partner with technical packaging and supply chain teams to ensure proper design and servicing parameters are set-up/delivered
- Supplier selection and management - from pre-assessment to implementation (in alignment with category team);
- Timely managed quoting process, providing most optimal possible costs first time
- Ensure proper implementation support, pro-activity addressing potential lead-time and capacity issues
- Track & report projects progress
- Serve as primary Sourcing point of contact for brands and plants
- Gather business and market insights/trends, translating those into sourcing actions for top and/or bottom-line improvement
- Participate in panier and trend sessions with development/marketing, supporting targeted innovation that takes in consideration supplier’s capacities, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Provide timely / actionable information for corrective actions to be taken where necessary to both the suppliers and stakeholders
- Share product supply / supply base strategy and purchasing driven results (savings projects, PPV, Trend, etc.…) with brands and other key internal stakeholders
- Prepare and present major highlights, results, and business needs to internal stakeholders
- Provide the category and cross-regional teams with needs and priorities for strategies construction, effectively and efficiently communicating anything that can impact the overall relationship with the suppliers (SRM)
- Drive and report Financial Performance
- Prepare and present key financial performance updates (PPV, Trend, Pre-Budget & Budget)
- Actively work on benchmark activities
- Lead/Co-Lead Money-To-Value (MTV) discussions, driving gross margin improvement beyond PPV
- Pricing for ongoing and launch SKUs
- Validate all new/updated pricing in partnership with Category Sourcing
- Support the resolution of invoices and payment discrepancies with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Contribute to the development and evolution of tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of these processes
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance/Engineering/Supply Chain or similar discipline
- 5+ years purchasing experience
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oréal and the supplier community
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.