Fonction professionnelle: Finance & Controlling
Type de poste: Permanent
Type de contrat: Full - Time
Site: New York - New York
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Mgr – Finance
Function: Finance – Brand Controller (Fine Fragrance, Atelier Cologne)
Supervisor Title: Director – Finance
Location: New York, NY
Section 2: Job Summary
The Brand Controller for Fine Fragrance and Atelier Cologne acts as an objective business partner, helping to drive decisions on spend, identify and drive strategic priorities, lead process improvements and ensure adherence to the group’s internal controls. Day-to-day responsibilities will evolve around the coordination and preparation of all Brand financial reporting. This includes building the Advertising and Promotion (A&P) Trend and Budget for all assigned signatures in coordination with Marketing and PR. The Brand Controller also:
? Manages the close for their signatures ensuring that entries and accruals are complete and accurate and explaining variances to the Trend/Budget.
? Manages cost control by reviewing and approving Purchase Orders and T&E, reviewing goods receipt postings for completeness and accuracy, and conducting monthly budget meetings with business partners to help the brands meet their profit targets.
? Monitors and controls Gross Margin including E&O, Cost of Goods and airfreight.
? Supports the Marketing Department by providing insightful analysis in areas such as pricing, promotional spending and media investment optimization.
? Helps to plan and control CapEx and covers reporting for IDC.
? Covers adhoc assignments and prepares presentations for Senior Management as needed.
Section 3: Minimum Job Requirements
? 5-7 years of experience in Finance or Accounting. College degree required.
? Strong computer skills (Excel is required)
? Must possess strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
? Must be a proactive team-player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Must be able to work independently supporting the needs of the department and work closely with both Brand Management and Departmental Management while following the strategic mandate and vision of Corporate Finance. Must be able to meet and fluidly discuss with management the business implications of spending decisions. Supervision from above will be intermittent.
Section 5: Key Duties & Responsibilities
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
Estimated % of Time Spent
1. Manage cost control and conduct budget meetings with business partners
2. Conduct Budget, Trend and Month-End close analysis, report preparation and presentation for the brand.
3. Manage financial reporting systems, data integrity, approves product hierarchies
4. Capital Reporting
5. Perform special projects and analysis
Section 6: Competencies
1. Achieves Results with Integrity (energy, engagement, sets priorities, meets deadlines and anticipates deliverables, demonstrates commitment, tenacity and resilience. Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations. Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data.)
2. Manages Complexity and Problem Solving (develops knowledge of the department, company and organization goals, integrates key learnings, takes into account other departments’ needs, finds solutions and decodes the organizational culture. Builds action plans in a structured and organized way and make proposals to improve work efficiency. Takes action to create value and contain costs. Develops concrete views on strategic issues. Simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements.)
3. Displays Sensitivity to the Metier (focuses on quality, learns about the business drivers and the purpose of excellence, demonstrates product knowledge)
4. Entrepreneur (takes initiative, drives contribution to achieve customer satisfaction, strives to improve performance. Demonstrates autonomy, identifies programs and implements adapted solutions, escalates information/problems in a timely manner and demonstrates resourcefulness.)
5. Interacts Effectively (takes into account other points of view, communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, presents confidently and convinces others and actively networks)
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer had the right to revise the job description at any time.