Job Title: Manager, Integrated Communications (Media Relations)
Division: Kiehl’s US
Supervisor Title: AVP, Integrated Communications
Location: New York City (435 Hudson St)
The Manager, Integrated Communications, is responsible for managing, developing and spearheading national media, public relations programs and relationships for Kiehl’s across multiple categories in all distribution channels. Bringing with you strong press contacts, with a focus on digital titles, you will pitch and secure quality coverage, promoting overall positive image to drive the brands growth and cultivate its unique positioning.
- Create, develop and oversee the implementation of media programs to complement the brands overall communications strategy.
- Develop strategic media opportunities and ongoing PR initiatives, prioritizing digital titles as well as national print and broadcast outreach.
- Manage all PR activities, including editor pitching, editor mailer strategy, press release writing and 1-2-1 editor skin care consultations in store.
- Maintain and develop communication with regional press and oversee regional retail media opportunities.
- Meet regularly with digital team to ensure digital press strategy aligns with SEO objective.
- Collaborate with Events team to curate and execute unique, innovative media events.
- Work closely with Social Media team to secure social coverage opportunities with press titles and digital sites.
- Work with Global team to best utilize brand ambassadors for relevant press opportunities.
- Manage press office admin, including creating monthly coverage report to rest of business, monitor media impressions ranking via Cision and LUSA Corp Comms and manage external tracking contractor to ensure all clippings are captured correctly.
- Participate in additional Integrated Communications projects where necessary.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or business.
- 5 years of beauty or consumer goods communications experience
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building skills.
- Broad business acumen and problem solving skills.
- An outgoing communication specialist, with a passion for socializing and meeting people.
- Budgeting experience required.
- Strong computer/system skills required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficient and comfortable with technology and able to troubleshoot routine technological issues.
- Ability to sit and use normal office equipment (phone, computer etc.) more than 90% of the day.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to travel for company events when needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.