Job Title: Manager Planning Master Data
Department: Corporate Supply Chain – Project KISS
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
The Planning Master Data Manager is responsible for governing the integrity of master data throughout the L’Oreal USA integrated systems landscape, with a specific near term focus in the KISS Supply Chain transformation. This role will help define strategies, as well as develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information, and the subsequent delivery of information to various audiences. This role will also lead/participate in ongoing efforts to modernize, optimize and simplify our systems and processes by providing thought leadership, incorporating best practices, and developing standards of master data and its integration across dependent systems, warehouses and data marts. The Planning Master Data Manager will also serve as the master data subject matter expert on business initiatives to provide guidance for new data governance processes, data maintenance and analysis. The position actively engages and works with cross-functional teams to conduct business process reviews and master data related continuous improvement projects. The Planning Master Data Manager will significantly contribute to a world-class data organization measuring against three main principles: 1) business value 2) organizational trust in data 3) data integrity/quality.
- Partner with leaders from the business to understand their business needs, drive business value, and establish objectives, goals, and priorities for delivery and practical applications of master data.
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional business partners and IT peers in the use of standard automated workflows to maintain the accuracy, integrity and quality of data.
- Participate in establishing and implementing an enterprise-wide centralized master data management vision and roadmap, including a data governance framework with data management standards and policies across all master data areas, business units, and technologies.
- Drive alignment on definitions, policies, governance and enforcement of business rules for master data.
- Define enterprise data management metrics/KPIs, reporting protocols, and action plans to validate and improve the quality of master data.
- Develop measurable KPI's to show success and progression of master data management capabilities.
- Lead data migration activities including but not limited to data cleansing, data creation, data conversion, issue resolution, and data validation.
- Perform fit/gap analysis of business requirements against current or target solutions
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards, and adoption requirements across the zone.
- Support and facilitate requirements gathering and process redesign workshops as needed to define and document new requirements
- Prepare and maintain work instructions and training aids to train business stakeholders to be effective based on a centralized governance process.
- Provide guidance & training other master data team members and business partners on master data standards, protocols and impacts
- Review master data requests for adherence to standards for all master updates; product, vendor, plant and customer information is added and maintained within requirements and with quality
Job Requirements And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Information Systems or related field
- Master's Degree is a plus
- Experience with SAP ECC and SAP APO and MDM tools.
- 5-7 years' Master Data Management development and analysis experience in a data-intensive consumer goods or retail company.
- Prior experience managing an MDM program a plus.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Demonstrated skills with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change, performance management system design and training.
- Experience with data analysis, quality, cleaning and extraction / validation tools.
- Knowledgeable in data profiling, root cause analysis, and quality improvement.
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications and systems design as it pertains to master data elements.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, proactive problem-solver that is able to meet set strategic goals in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience managing key performance metrics and understanding their respective impact to business strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including: business users, technical staff, senior-level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- The ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision and generate necessary consensus for analytic decision making.
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic problems, and analytic solutions into actionable business solutions.
- A proven ability to influence decision making across large organizations.
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals.
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/facilitation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.