Job Title Manager - Processing
Division: Active Cosmetics Division
Location: Somerset, NJ
Reports To: Manufacturing Production Unit, Director
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Active Cosmetics, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Possay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Learn:
As the Manager within our Processing Unit of Production (UP), you will effectively manage and implement engineering projects that vary from new product launches, technology advancements, design improvements, equipment modifications, upgrades, or replacements, and continuous improvement projects.
- Manage a team of highly skilled Processing Mechanics
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of Processing technology and provide recommendations to management concerning improvements or upgrades in Processing operations.
- Design the layout of manufacturing operations to maximize efficient material flow and optimum application of the technological means of production.
- Identify, select, cost justify, purchase, install, upgrade, modify, and improve capital equipment used in Processing.
- Where necessary, design and supervise the building of specialty equipment that will enhance the productivity of Processing operations.
- Ensure projects meet their full success criteria including all safety, quality, performance, delivery and budgetary requirements.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement activities that will maximize productivity and minimize cost in application of the technological and labor resources to the manufacturing process.
- Implement and manage L’Oréal EOS improvement processes including (KANBAN, SMED, TPM, ISTRAC)
- Provide Leadership direction, guidance, and assistance to technical and production personnel.
- Working with Corporate Industrial Quality and Local Operations, perform upgrades and trials with new and existing formulas.
- Ensure that appropriate preventive maintenance programs are developed and implemented by technical and production personnel.
- Supervise the activities of sub-contractors, suppliers, and service personnel.
- Manage and implement all L’Oréal policies and procedures including but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Policy, safety and health procedures, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in major engineering discipline required. Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working in advanced manufacturing, equipment design (robotics, applied engineering, and/or automation a plus).
- People management experience required.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.